The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Yes. Rudden signed a deal with Dundee, not McPake.

You've missed the point.

Rudden only signed a pre-contract agreement and joined them on loan in January. Presumably, the clubs could not agree on compensation which will be decided by a tribunal.

Dundee's new manager may decide that he does not want Rudden.  If the PCA is not legally binding, Rudden will be a free agent and we'll have negotiate compensation with his new club.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You've missed the point.

Rudden only signed a pre-contract agreement and joined them on loan in January. Presumably, the clubs could not agree on compensation which will be decided by a tribunal.

Dundee's new manager may decide that he does not want Rudden.  If the PCA is not legally binding, Rudden will be a free agent and we'll have negotiate compensation with his new club.

Yeah, that's wishful thinking in the extreme m8.

13 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You've missed the point.

The Enforceability of Pre-Contracts in Football - BM Insights - Blake Morgan

Will depend on the terms of the agreement and what exactly Rudden and Dundee have signed to. If either Dundee or Rudden decide they want to renege on that deal, but the other wants to enforce it, then it'll end up in the courts and whoever goes on to sign Rudden (be it us or more likely someone else) might have to foot a not insubstantial fee as part of that.

I think it is very, very unlikely Rudden wont be a Dundee player next season.

Edit to say I'm no lawyer so the stuff in the link could be utter pish for all I know

Edited by Jacky1990

Theres been the odd pre-contract thats been torn up but its very rare, iirc Aberdeen and St Johnstone had a wrangle over a player a few years back but cant mind who it was. All moot and falls down on the "if the new manager doesnt want rudden" bit, worst case scenario is he's useful for dundee if they go down. If he's really not wanted by their new manager whatever league they're in for the short term, they could still just sign and sell/loan rudden out easy enough.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

10 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Theres been the odd pre-contract thats been torn up but its very rare, iirc Aberdeen and St Johnstone had a wrangle over a player a few years back but cant mind who it was. All moot and falls down on the "if the new manager doesnt want rudden" bit, worst case scenario is he's useful for dundee if they go down. If he's really not wanted by their new manager whatever league they're in for the short term, they could still just sign and sell/loan rudden out easy enough.

It was Ritchie Britain, and St Johnstone and Ross County. Think he signed a pre-contract with Saints, then decided he didn’t want to go actually so stayed at County. As I recall, County had to pay Saints a wee bit of cash for the whole affair.

Rudden will be at Dundee next season. They’ll have more than just McPake involved in recruitment and the rest of the guys who brought him in are presumably still there. Plus he’s currently their best striker, so I’d be amazed if the new manager didn’t want him. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It was Ritchie Britain, and St Johnstone and Ross County. Think he signed a pre-contract with Saints, then decided he didn’t want to go actually so stayed at County. As I recall, County had to pay Saints a wee bit of cash for the whole affair.

Rudden will be at Dundee next season. They’ll have more than just McPake involved in recruitment and the rest of the guys who brought him in are presumably still there. Plus he’s currently their best striker, so I’d be amazed if the new manager didn’t want him. 

I am pretty sure they had to buy them a small bus. 

19 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Rudden will be a Dundee player next season. Even if Rudden changed his mind and wanted to stay at Thistle I wouldn't see Thistle splashing out again for him. Jakubiak situation could be interesting. 

I think he’ll be at Dundee next season too. 

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

That you re-acquainting yourself with these parts after that banter of a managerial appointment? 

16 hours ago was a time I was in a much happier place with Dundee tbf and completely confident we wouldn't make that appointment.

As much as our pitch has been shite, we've been a bit unlucky with postponements this season. Arbroath have had one home game off in ages for weather - vs us. 

If the Dunfermline away game is today rather than moved for TV it probably goes ahead judging by pretty much every other fixture in the SPFL being on

2 games off due to covid as well, don't think any other team in the division has had more than that. 

Edited by Fuctifano

4 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Thistle will suffer from lack of match practice, then be hit with a fixtures backlog over a short period of time. :(

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

And with the small squad we have it may well impact heavily on our play off push.

Think positive! We have four games in hand over ICT, Raith and Killie.

Our squad should be able to cope with that and we have no cup distractions.

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

But lack of match fitness will be a concern. Got to win on Tuesday.

Lack of match fitness or rested and up for it? With 4 games in hand, it should be the latter.

A bigger problem is that MacIver and Murray are not contributing much in a small squad.