The Partick Thistle thread

14 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

If we were actually able to play our games in hand … we’d be top, probably?

With 3 games in hand being against the bottom 3 if they'd been played at the time they were scheduled I'd have fancied us to be level. I've got the fear now that Morton look less of a gang and Queens who we already struggled against may improve with a new manager.

The Arbroath game midweek could be massive now if we don't f**k it up in the couple of games beforehand.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

With 3 games in hand being against the bottom 3 if they'd been played at the time they were scheduled I'd have fancied us to be level. I've got the fear now that Morton look less of a gang and Queens who we already struggled against may improve with a new manager.

The Arbroath game midweek could be massive now if we don't f**k it up in the couple of games beforehand.

No easy games in this league NONE. Every team in the league have got something to fight for at the moment.

29 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

What do we think are the chances of us getting another body in before the end of the month? It's no secret that Graham will struggle to play every game with our congested fixture schedule that's just ahead

We don't need another striker. We have McIver.

7 hours ago, Reid said:

Can’t see us bringing in another striker. We have 3 centre forwards plus Smith and Tiffoney who can play up there.

That’s fine if everyone scores.  But mciver and Smith have scored a grand total of one goal this season and I don’t know if Jakubiak is an out and out scorer.

that means we are relying wholly on Graham and Tiffoney and if something happens to them injury wise we are in trouble 

6 hours ago, third lanark said:

That’s fine if everyone scores.  But mciver and Smith have scored a grand total of one goal this season and I don’t know if Jakubiak is an out and out scorer.

that means we are relying wholly on Graham and Tiffoney and if something happens to them through not being able to convert penalties or injury wise we are in trouble .

Yep.

1 hour ago, Ken Deans said:

Am still struggling to get m head round the Rudden on loan to Dundee thing. The very club that shafted us 2 yes ago and we basically do a swap cos Dundee wouldn't pay a transfer fee the now.

Up top this has hurt us

Rumours are that Rudden had downed tools, which if true is obviously pretty shite but players have the power unless they're under long contracts. 

I don't think Jakubiak has been that bad, he was the least bad of our attacking options last night which is faint praise but see how he goes on a better pitch. 

McAllister was a worrying debut though, have to hope its like a reverse Zanatta / Mcconalogue and that his debut is his worst game for us. 

Did anyone bother with the Jags Foundation meeting? Seen a few folk unhappy that questions submitted in advance weren't answered but I've yet to watch.

I've paid the £10 a month since it was launched and still don't have much clue about what's happening so hoping the video gives more information than the emails they've sent over the last 6 months.

On 23/02/2022 at 14:53, Ken Deans said:

Am still struggling to get m head round the Rudden on loan to Dundee thing. The very club that shafted us 2 yes ago and we basically do a swap cos Dundee wouldn't pay a transfer fee the now.

Up top this has hurt us

Isn’t it to do with rangers having a high sell on % on Rudden?

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Did anyone bother with the Jags Foundation meeting? Seen a few folk unhappy that questions submitted in advance weren't answered but I've yet to watch.

I've paid the £10 a month since it was launched and still don't have much clue about what's happening so hoping the video gives more information than the emails they've sent over the last 6 months.

I couldn’t attend, but it sounds like they’re blaming lack of fan interest for the reason it’s not proceeding as quickly as planned. I’ve also been contributing my £10 with no idea what it’s going to be used for, if anything.

Maybe if there was any indication that fan ownership might realistically happen then people would be more positive and show an interest in signing up. The engagement has been a joke and there’s a clear distrust of Low and her cronies to actually transfer anything over to the fans; a suspicion which looks more likely to be realised as the months pass.

The whole thing feels like a bit of a sham. Like it’s deliberately been set up to fail so that Low can say “well, we tried and you didn’t want it” before continuing to run the club as her own wee PR project.