The Partick Thistle thread

Has anyone had an reply or even just an acknowledgement from the club after contacting them about passing your details to the Trust?

I appreciate it's only Monday afternoon and they sent the email out last thing on Friday but considering the deadline they set is Wednesday I thought they should be on the ball with confirming your details won't be passed on.

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Has anyone had an reply or even just an acknowledgement from the club after contacting them about passing your details to the Trust?

I appreciate it's only Monday afternoon and they sent the email out last thing on Friday but considering the deadline they set is Wednesday I thought they should be on the ball with confirming your details won't be passed on.

I emailed Mr Britton and received a reply that day.

2 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

I emailed Mr Britton and received a reply that day.

Cheers, I've had nothing but also complained about the fact I've attempted multiple times to provide my contact details to the club and they continually don't update them so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until Wednesday and then contact him again.

It's all very manual and very time consuming, but we're halfway through re-uploading the match hubs 1876 to 1924 with all sorts of improved data, mainly with regards to personnel data, birth dates found, images found etc etc. As early as this 9th February 1889 → encounter, TEN of our 11 players are now aged. Before TTA started, precisely NONE of these players were aged on the internet, and the progress being made is very pleasing. Keep the home page → bookmarked to see all the latest updates going in.

With this in mind, we could still do with some page upload volunteers to help us grow the Archive. If you've got Excel and can spare some hours now and again (for basically a "copy and paste" exercise) then please get in touch →

In total, we now have a phenomenal 86.5% of known individual starting appearances aged, which is great news for all sorts of stats reports. PTFC's earliest 100% fully aged eleven has now been pushed back from 1920 all the way to 1900, as per the screenshot below. It's cost a lot of time and money and is one of our finest in-depth achievements to date. We'll continue to push on...

PTFC's earliest fully-aged eleven →

Could you help any? Where or when was he born? →

8-Sep-1900.png

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Obviously good news but I am still worried the outgoing BoD will have some form of sabotage as a leaving present, hopefully the Trust having 74% of shares can stop anything too shady. 

I am not too worried about a Chien Lee type scenario. I just hope no impact on sponsorships - something the BoD or relevant party has done a seemingly good job on.

Element of wait and see what happens with the Trust and Foundation.

Well done to all that stood up to be counted though.

Just as long as we're not moving to Broadwood as Cumbernauld Thistle.

This is obviously very welcome news.  It had to happen eventually as Low's position was untenable - but doing the right thing as quickly as she has is surprising, and hints at a level of self-awareness we have never seen before.  I only hope the dodgy balance sheet isn't the reason she and her pals are suddenly running away.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next, and what input TJF is allowed to have in the club as a proper, paid-up fans group. 

ETA: I take back what I just said about self-awareness.  The hilariously salty statement they (Jacqui) just put out blaming the nasty fans who wanted fan ownership is quite, quite remarkable. Horrible fans, being nasty to the nice, honest Board and making them feel bad.

Edited by VictorOnopko

That statement is a spectacular way to go. Remains to be seen if that's just a massive tantrum as a parting shot or setting up a "told you so" moment as they move the blame to the fans for whatever they've been hiding in the accounts which they refused to open up.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

That statement is a spectacular way to go. Remains to be seen if that's just a massive tantrum as a parting shot or setting up a "told you so" moment as they move the blame to the fans for whatever they've been hiding in the accounts which they refused to open up.

Last time Low went/got punted, she threatened to sue David Beattie when he took over from her, so f**k knows.

I’m so fucking happy she’s gone. 

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That is the best tear stained statement I've ever read on the club website.

Exactly the bitter tear stained pish I was expecting. Got to get one last dig at the fans in, deluded right to the end.