The Partick Thistle thread

Most of the post-QP updates now in place, including 3 very cool video options, via The Thistle Archive →

:detective:  FOR LAWRENCE DOOLAN

● Fittingly, in the 9th minute, the red-n-yell army raised a banner in support of Kris Doolan with a minute's applause for his late father (Lawrence Doolan, died 11th May 2023). Doolan: “He was a big Partick Thistle fan just like me. Nobody wants to see us do well more than me or him. He followed us everywhere when I played, he wanted me here tonight. He would be proud of the players and the club because everyone has come together.
Brian Graham registers his 18th competitive goal of the season, the highest tally since Kris Doolan did likewise in 2010-11.
Kyle Turner registers his 12th assist of 2022-23, the highest tally of any Thistle player in the last 10 seasons.
● It's now an amazing 9 direct goal involvements in his last 7 games for the electric Scott Tiffoney. He becomes the second Jag to hit double figures in the goals department this term.
Jack McMillan registers his 11th assist of the season. As it stands, only Kyle Turner (12) has delivered more in any one of the last 10 seasons.
● With his 8th goal of the season, Kevin Holt looks certain to finish as Thistle's top scoring defender in 2022-23. 3 of his goals have came against Queen's Park!
● The 26-goal aggregate between these two clubs in 2022-23 is the largest total in competitive H2H's since 1969-70 when Thistle and St Johnstone shared 27 goals between them. The club-record (31) was set vs. Celtic in 1968-69.
● Thistle score 4 for the third game in a row versus Queen's Park, a feat only ever seen once in the H2H, way back in 1946.
● These sides have went 43 years without a draw against each other, an unlikely 23-game run.
● There's never been a draw between Thistle and Owen Coyle as opposition manager. 6 Thistle wins have been offset by 10 defeats.
● Big congratulations are in order to the free-flowing class of 2022-23. With 90 goals in all competitions, they currently sit as the second highest scoring Thistle team of the last 40 seasons, second only to the 96-goal vintage of 2012-13.
● In 2006, Partick Thistle became the first Scottish club to finish 4th and win promotion. The Jags now become the first 4th placed club to win a Premiership play-off tie. An institution like no other.

ongoing sequences:
● 6 competitive home games without defeat; 4th Mar 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 7 games; 20th Mar 2021 to 29th Apr 2021. Club-record: 24 games; 5th May 2001 to 17th Aug 2002.)
● 8 competitive games without defeat, 1st Apr 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 9 games, 15th Oct 2021 to 4th Dec 2021. Joint club-record: 16 games, 15th Nov 1975 to 21st Feb 1976 & 30th Sep 2000 to 13th Jan 2001.)
● 48 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: James Penrice - 51 games, 7th Sep 2019 to 10th Apr 2021. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

10 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Although I didn’t enjoy many chants from you lot yesterday haha, Partick has a far better fanbase than yer Morton or Dundee types. Best of luck, many nice fans representing your club. Keep being decent 👍

😂 ffs

16 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

PATRICK_AW22Q2_MENS_WORLDCUP_K1A00013_TEEHORIZONTALSTRIPE_TSHIRT_RED_ECOMM_A_800x.thumb.jpg.0d644362a2ef0dce1341985f75cbf623.jpg

Not a fan of your new strip.

I think the new Patrick strip is sound 👍

You'll be wearing your usual crap Next season, we'll be strutting our stuff in this - delighting both football fans and fashionistas throughout the land. 

With the increasing noise about a conference league, and the potential now that QP want to be a part of it, do we have any idea how our board feel about it? I assume there will need to be a vote to bring it in and would hope that we’re 100% against it - but haven’t heard anything stated publicly yet?

Nothing stated publicly that I’ve seen, but I would hope that we’re against it at board level given we’re supposedly fan owned now. At the very least, I would hope we’re planning to canvass fan opinion.

Edit: I’ve emailed the club to ask them to vote against it anyway. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

On 15/05/2023 at 17:20, jagsfan57 said:

I see Aberdeen aren’t going to be putting a B team into the conference. Saying it is too expensive.

Yeah said it would cost £400k I think I read.

Burrows said;

“While we have said no to the SPFL and Scottish FA about entering the proposed Conference League in 2024/25, we are keen to explore other options such as a strategic partnership with another SPFL club, where expanding some of the loan regulations would be key to ensuring Aberdeen FC continues to be one of the best developers of young talent in the country."

Our chairman on the same day give or take;

“It is important that we regroup and go again, with a strategy that will see a stronger Cove Rangers both on and off the park. We are currently working on a number of options that will take the club forward on both fronts.”

There's a chance that the strategic partnership is between Aberdeen and Cove. I have no insider info, just my speculation. Would make sense for both parties. Dons get to loan out there young players to us to develop, we get some cheap talent and we hopefully get a few extra spectators, that one day might turn into a "fan", through the turnstiles. 

Could be completely wrong but it's something we need to harness until we're properly established and have more stability. Dons could be looking at a windfall this year and maybe future years with European football and will strengthen off the back of it.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Graham is notorious for saying stuff like that in the press, and if that mentality helps him/us win the tie then fine but I kinda fail to see the relevance of it tbh. We’re 3 years on from Mid-2020 when the league was curtailed. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I seem to be in the minority going by the reaction on social media but I'd rather Graham had said nothing tbh.

Yeah, if the players who were there in 2020 want to use it as motivation that's fine but it should probably have stayed in the dressing room.