The Partick Thistle thread

That's not bad, only one midweek game (which is on TV anyway) and Peterhead away on a Saturday, other than the covid closed door season we haven't played there since 2006 playoff final so would think that'll be a new ground for a lot of the younger folk.

24 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see Nisbet has moved to Millwall for 2million quid, so we should be due a wee bit in solidarity payments. Transfermarkt (I know) has it at around 60k to us, which would be a lovely boost. 

Another step towards our IMMINENT liquidation.

30 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see Nisbet has moved to Millwall for 2million quid, so we should be due a wee bit in solidarity payments. Transfermarkt (I know) has it at around 60k to us, which would be a lovely boost. 

What calculation did you do? I got £40k in the breakdown, using the £2m up front fee.

Either would be a welcome boost, tbf, if that's anywhere near accurate.

ETA - nvm, didn't see the "Thistle Weir Youth Academy" as one of the recipients...

Edited by Nightmare

Was away to say youd have a sell on too but forgot he struggled with you lot (bar absolutely ragdolling Steven Anderson at McDiarmid in the cup) and didnt go straight to Hibs.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was away to say youd have a sell on too but forgot he struggled with you lot (bar absolutely ragdolling Steven Anderson at McDiarmid in the cup) and didnt go straight to Hibs.

"struggled" would imply the presence of effort. He thought he'd made it when he got to the first team and didn't realise he still had to work to develop until he was punted down a league or two.

Yes I'm still irked by this.

12 minutes ago, velo army said:

"struggled" would imply the presence of effort. He thought he'd made it when he got to the first team and didn't realise he still had to work to develop until he was punted down a league or two.

Yes I'm still irked by this.

Aye, I honestly thought he’d be playing for East Kilbride by now at absolute best when he left us. Fair play to him for sorting himself out, but it’s a complete pain in the arse that he never bothered with us. 

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Without knowing the details of the offers, I wouldn’t have been surprised if 4 of the 8 accepted the offers - McCready, Muirhead, Bannigan and Lyon.

quoting from the eye-bleeding thread to bring it back in here.

For Lyon and probably a lesser extent McCready (as goalkeepers typically take longer to develop) they probably have to decide whether another year of FT training and potentially not playing very much will have a benefit to them longer term, or whether they're better dropping down a level or 2, getting a part time team, lots more minutes on the pitch, with the security of a job outside football and potentially moving back to FT football in the future if things go well. Wouldn't imagine our FT offers for them are very lucrative financially.

28 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

quoting from the eye-bleeding thread to bring it back in here.

For Lyon and probably a lesser extent McCready (as goalkeepers typically take longer to develop) they probably have to decide whether another year of FT training and potentially not playing very much will have a benefit to them longer term, or whether they're better dropping down a level or 2, getting a part time team, lots more minutes on the pitch, with the security of a job outside football and potentially moving back to FT football in the future if things go well. Wouldn't imagine our FT offers for them are very lucrative financially.

That’s probably fair. My take was that there might be more chance of game time with us this coming season and their terms might well be better than they get elsewhere. I guess it all depends on who we else we sign. 

I’d be pretty surprised if either McCready or, particularly, Lyon were getting any significant game time with us this coming season. I would’ve hoped that any deal with Lyon would be another year where we stick him out on loan and see how he gets on this time. The budget might necessitate keeping him around for squad cover though.

If the plan was to have McCready as the number 2 to Mitchell (providing ‘talks’ with Sneddon conclude in him leaving), then I think he’d be fairly happy to stay. But given his last loan move was the lower end of the lowland league I can’t imagine that’s particularly likely even with some costs being cut. 

Obviously talks may still be ongoing with certain players but it would be nice if the club had given us something in the last few days, even if it was an expected re-sign like Aero or Bannigan. 

Edited by JagsCG