The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

Don’t have much of a problem with Adams, he often attended Firhill to watch us with his Dad when Morecambe weren’t playing. He was sat behind me the other week. So he knows what we are about. 

Imo he has the most punchable face in Scottish football. And think of the ground that covers.

10 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Horrible, horrible draw,away to a horrible club and an absolute p***k of a manager.

Hope someone kicks Turner out the ground.

Is he getting much game time for them. Last time I looked he wasn’t in the squad. Anyway, more likely scenario is he will score.

First thought was wouldn't it be typical if we went up there and pumped them. 

Then moved to the more realistic scenario that we lose in the last minute to a Simon Murray sclaff. 

Now realised that since Adams is the manager and we play them in January they'll have an entire new squad. 

I've long had a suspicion Adams would end up managing us one day and that it wouldn't go well. 

I think I might be the only Thistle fan looking forward to this and almost kind of fancied getting County in the cup. Must be a vengeful person as I really want to beat them as soon as possible, in a one off game I think we definitely can if we keep improving. 

Getting a win up there will feel very good, for the players and the fans. A loss, ah well it's a cup game and we move on. 

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I've long had a suspicion Adams would end up managing us one day and that it wouldn't go well. 

Up until recently I had something in the back of my head whispering Steven Pressley would worm his way in and talk about how we are a good "project" and try to play football the "right way".

Choosing between Adams and Pressley would be like deciding which ear you want chopped off.

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Up until recently I had something in the back of my head whispering Steven Pressley would worm his way in and talk about how we are a good "project" and try to play football the "right way".

Choosing between Adams and Pressley would be like deciding which ear you want chopped off.

You'd chop both off voluntarily, so you wouldn't be able to listen to whoever was picked.

11 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Still amazed that he didn't seem to be able to do the business at Dunfermline.

Wrong place, wrong time?

He was playing under a clown of a manager in a shite squad tbf.

That said, he definitely has it in him to decide he doesn’t fancy it and not bother his arse. Which is a possibility. 

19 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Still amazed that he didn't seem to be able to do the business at Dunfermline.

Wrong place, wrong time?

He was absolutely sensational for at least 1 game at Dunfermline, unfortunately it was against us. I’m more surprised he didn’t do anything in his (second) stint at Motherwell, although IIRC there were rumours of a falling out with the manager. 

We should probably have re-signed him in the January window he went to the Pars, I’m sure Stevie said that he was expecting a call from us, that didn’t come (until the summer). 

Edited by JagsCG

Would imagine offers have been made to anyone out of contract, who we wish to retain, prior to them being able to negotiate with other clubs in January.

on that basis you would think McMillan has been offered comparable terms to Lawless, however he may fancy waiting to see what comes in, whereas Lawless clearly wants to stay no questions asked.

hopefully McMillan feels the same but who knows. If he does sign an extension then would expect to hear about it quite soon. 

could say same about Muirhead but unsure if we would retain him or decide to move forward. 

Edited by BigMadMental

7 minutes ago, Reid said:

Would love McMillan to sign on but can’t see that happening. He’s too good for this level.

He is but he is also injury prone for a large part of this season so far, more or less since June.

perhaps he would want another year to stay fit and put himself further into the hunt for a decent Move.