The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He’s really good, for a start. But in addition to being a top striker at this level he also excels the streetwise part of the game and can be quite outspoken in the media, which I’m sure contributes to people’s feelings towards him.

One of those types of player you love when he plays for your team but hate when he doesn’t.

Hes definitely a shitehouse player who loves to wind up opposition players and fans and also referees haha 

38 minutes ago, Girth said:

In other news, why does everyone hate Brian Graham?

Because he's a massive p***k, but the sort of p***k you love if he's yours.

54 minutes ago, Girth said:

In other news, why does everyone hate Brian Graham?

He scores goals by the dozen for us, and is a convenient cartoon villain type figure for all other Championship teams' fans.

Overall, everyone seems happy with this arrangement.

On the subject of Mr Graham, thought I'd mention how great a job he did this season. It's one thing to be the league's top goalscorer, but some of his defending in the playoffs was excellent and he was like an assistant manager out there, always making sure everyone was in the right place at set pieces and throw ins. There's so much more to him than simply scoring against every other team in the division.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Think that seems about right based on what was rumoured. If -as I think @Ad Lib said but could be wrong- we budgeted for 5th and to go out of all the cups at earliest stage then we've probably earned >£250k in prize &TV money vs budget though this may not all have been paid yet.

Any solidarity income for the transfers at the start of the season for Nisbet to Millwall and Hendry to whatever Saudi club would also have been unbudgeted for, so as long as there weren't too many unpleasant surprises on the expenditure side we should be doing OK.

The working assumption as of January 2024 (as detailed in the AGM) was still for there to be a six-figure loss, even if we finished 3rd. They suggested it would be in the range of £150k at the time.

I expect it will be a bit higher, because there were unbudgeted costs that accrued after that period (stadium works on the Colin Weir stand and floodlights were brought forward, and extra costs were incurred around medical treatment for a number of players).

My understanding is that the Club is looking to "de-risk" some of these costs in future seasons (for example by getting better medical cover for the squad).

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

The working assumption as of January 2024 (as detailed in the AGM) was still for there to be a six-figure loss, even if we finished 3rd. They suggested it would be in the range of £150k at the time.

I expect it will be a bit higher, because there were unbudgeted costs that accrued after that period (stadium works on the Colin Weir stand and floodlights were brought forward, and extra costs were incurred around medical treatment for a number of players).

My understanding is that the Club is looking to "de-risk" some of these costs in future seasons (for example by getting better medical cover for the squad).

You got works done on the Colin Weir Stand?  Well I've good news for you, you should be entitled to your money back.

Personally speaking, while Friday was disappointing, I don’t think we’re really ready for the premiership at the moment.  Another year of building and Doolan growing as a manager will hopefully put us in good stead.

Best of luck to Raith, who for a long time looked like they’d edge Dundee United into the playoffs themselves, despite their resources.  Don’t take this the wrong way, but I hope we don’t see you next season!  (Unless it’s in the cups.)

Was actually relieved once I saw it was Ross County again - don’t want to relive that.  Ideal scenario, Raith go up, we don’t have to go through the trigger warning of going to Dingwall in the playoffs, then we play Ross County four times next year and beat the shit out of them all four times.  And go up as champions.

8 minutes ago, Braesoyetts said:

Personally speaking, while Friday was disappointing, I don’t think we’re really ready for the premiership at the moment.  Another year of building and Doolan growing as a manager will hopefully put us in good stead.

Best of luck to Raith, who for a long time looked like they’d edge Dundee United into the playoffs themselves, despite their resources.  Don’t take this the wrong way, but I hope we don’t see you next season!  (Unless it’s in the cups.)

Was actually relieved once I saw it was Ross County again - don’t want to relive that.  Ideal scenario, Raith go up, we don’t have to go through the trigger warning of going to Dingwall in the playoffs, then we play Ross County four times next year and beat the shit out of them all four times.  And go up as champions.

We leathered county in January anyway 

41 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

You got works done on the Colin Weir Stand?  Well I've good news for you, you should be entitled to your money back.

New windows and some guttering work I believe.  If you thought it was padded seats and bidets you might have a wait .

Noticed that Livingston were willing to part ways with Miles Welch Hayes - dreadlocks boy who was on loan at Dunfermline. 

if there is anyway at all we can do it, he would be a great replacement for McMillan. 

IMG_0993.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Never heard of  Bradley and looks like he has struggled for minutes. Then again he seems to play in a position we need to strengthen.

The player they released that interested me was Jason Holt. Ran the midfield against us in the cup.

Could he be the type of player who brings the different parts of the midfield together?

Screenshot_20240520_212706_Edge.thumb.jpg.96d431b5a029be960ba3a6127a24b9da.jpg

Edited by Claudia Gentile

16 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

The player they released that interested me was Jason Holt. Ran the midfield against us in the cup.

Could he be the type of player who brings the different parts of the midfield together?

Yes, but I would guess that if he was willing to play in the Championship, he’d have just stayed at Livi. 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes, but I would guess that if he was willing to play in the Championship, he’d have just stayed at Livi. 

Been there 4 years, maybe just wanted a change of scene? 

I can't put him into a Premiership team in my mind but has been at St Johnstone before. I think they were lacking a bit of dig in midfield last season. 

Probably one of Livi's higher earners.

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Been there 4 years, maybe just wanted a change of scene? 

I can't put him into a Premiership team in my mind but has been at St Johnstone before. I think they were lacking a bit of dig in midfield last season. 

Probably one of Livi's higher earners.

I think he’ll either go there or down to League One down south. Either way, a better offer than we can give. 

8 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Never heard of  Bradley and looks like he has struggled for minutes. Then again he seems to play in a position we need to strengthen.

Screenshot_20240520_212706_Edge.thumb.jpg.96d431b5a029be960ba3a6127a24b9da.jpg

The relegation clause is more likely inserted by the club to get high-earners off the wage bill, so probably beyond our means.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I read somewhere that Livi asked him to activate his release clause because of his wages. Would take Steven Bradley. 

Edited by JagsCG

17 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I read somewhere that Livi asked him to activate his release clause because of his wages. Would take Steven Bradley. 

Even more so if he’s a Partick Thistle fan as well