The Partick Thistle thread

Talking tunes a wee bit more this cracker was played during last two home ties in the Playoffs and certainly got the Troops pumped up .Certainly gives Sunshine on Leith a run for the money in the "Hairs standing up on the back of your neck" Category and hope it's now a regular at games going forward.

23 hours ago, Nightmare said:

(and Hanlon if/when he signs)

We have offered Hanlon a deal but it looked like Raith had managed to secure that one. Seems to have stalled on their front now, so we are potentially back in for him.

17 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Was first reported a couple of months ago and it looks like Cieran Loney could be set to move to Everton over the summer.

Saw that. Unfortunately for a club like Thistle this will always be the way.

Cammy Ballantyne heading our way according to someone on the Airdrie chat. Would be a good signing if true and perhaps an indication that McMillan is on his way. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Cammy Ballantyne heading our way according to someone on the Airdrie chat. Would be a good signing if true and perhaps an indication that McMillan is on his way. 

Not knocking the boys ability but looks quite short for a defender at 5ft 7" .

There's also another Airdrie poster saying he's going to Morton so wouldn't be getting too far ahead of ourselves. Though I think we were in for him at some point in the recent past? 

8 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Seemed to play lb more than rb last season too. Although versatility is a handy trait especially at this level.

He also played as one of their three centre halves in the playoff games. 

31 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

It’s the best like for like replacement you will find for McMillan probably. 

Where is McMillan going?

13 minutes ago, madton said:

Where is McMillan going?

Nobody knows. Interestingly Hearts announced today that they had 4 pre contracts waiting to be announced but can’t be announced until after 14/06 so one of them could very well be McMilllan.

long standing rumour was that he signed with one of Hearts/Dundee/Dundee U quite some time ago 

59 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

There's also another Airdrie poster saying he's going to Morton so wouldn't be getting too far ahead of ourselves. Though I think we were in for him at some point in the recent past? 

I worked with a close family member of Ballantyne's who told me McCall phoned him to ask him to sign two hours after he had signed for Airdrie. He would have signed for us as wanted a full-time gig in the championship but only had a part-time offer from Arbroath. He ended up full-time in the championship anyway and we signed McMillan. All's well that ends well n'that. 

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Not knocking the boys ability but looks quite short for a defender at 5ft 7" .

He's still decent in the air gives 100%  and is an all-round good defender,  tho he does have a rash tackle in him. Been a bit injury prone this year but still a blow for us