The Partick Thistle thread

He has the potential to be a great signing for Thistle or a source of massive frustration for the season ahead.  There's definitely talent there but is the attitude right?  I have no real insight into this other than the fact that he was warming the bench for Ayr last season when they weren't exactly flying.

Just now, AllanJM said:

He has the potential to be a great signing for Thistle or a source of massive frustration for the season ahead.  There's definitely talent there but is the attitude right?  I have no real insight into this other than the fact that he was warming the bench for Ayr last season when they weren't exactly flying.

When he is on it, he is a great player and will get you 15/20 goal contributions a season.  If he is having an off game, he's a man down.  Injuries kind of scuppered him last season, then when back fit wasn't really what Brown was looking for in a player when our backs were to the wall in a relegation scrap.  Think he was still after the sort of wage he was on at Dundee United and we were never going to pay that when he probably doesn't fit too well into Browns system.

Side note, how long are Dundee United's contracts if he's still on a pre-contract and not a free agent in the middle of June?

That apart, fills an obvious hole in the squad with a known quantity at this level which is about as good as we can expect.

Presume we don't start back training for a few days yet with the very late finish last season and the late-ish finish this season.

Pleased to see Chalmers finally announced, a good winger for this level.

I have been told we are still in for Paul Hanlon, but so are Raith. All I know though is that we have offered him a deal, but I have heard nothing on its progress.
Additionally, still apparently looking at a few from down south to fill some gaps in our squad. 

10 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Pleased to see Chalmers finally announced, a good winger for this level.

I have been told we are still in for Paul Hanlon, but so are Raith. All I know though is that we have offered him a deal, but I have heard nothing on its progress.
Additionally, still apparently looking at a few from down south to fill some gaps in our squad. 

A few from down south? Presumably that won’t be till training starts, rather than them being at Firhill currently? We only had one scouted from down south last season - McDonald who was a bit hit and miss( there’s no way Adeloye was scouted down south when Doolan would have known how good he was at Ayr), while Wasiri was scouted at a club in Ireland.  

Edited by third lanark

Happy with that .Seems a bit of the Aiden Fitzpatrick's about Chalmers in respect to attitude. When in the mood unplayable and invisible when can't be ar$ed .In saying that was always aware of his threat and potential when playing against Ayr at Firhill.

58 minutes ago, third lanark said:

A few from down south? Presumably that won’t be till training starts, rather than them being at Firhill currently? We only had one scouted from down south last season - McDonald who was a bit hit and miss( there’s no way Adeloye was scouted down south when Doolan would have known how good he was at Ayr), while Wasiri was scouted at a club in Ireland.  

Which bit was the ‘hit’ from MacDonald ! I must’ve missed that 

Pleased with Chalmers. Every winger at our level will blow hot and cold, but he’s a guy who’ll win us points himself. He does however look like the name ‘Logan’ and I won’t be explaining what I mean by that. 

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Pleased with Chalmers. Every winger at our level will blow hot and cold, but he’s a guy who’ll win us points himself. He does however look like the name ‘Logan’ and I won’t be explaining what I mean by that. 

Something like this?

download (2).jpeg

That’s as good as you’re going to get to replace Lawless as we’ll not say him until the tailend of next season. I’d hope Doolan’s learned from last season and we’re still in the market for another wide player.

I’d see we still need as a minimum: GK, RB, CB or CM (depends where we’re planning on using McBeth), winger and striker

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Side note, how long are Dundee United's contracts if he's still on a pre-contract and not a free agent in the middle of June?

That apart, fills an obvious hole in the squad with a known quantity at this level which is about as good as we can expect.

Presume we don't start back training for a few days yet with the very late finish last season and the late-ish finish this season.

I think transfer window officially swung open 14 June, apparently, so he's probably just back from holiday.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Why you'd call your child "small hollow" I have no idea. Nonsense name.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Finally announced. Happy with that.

Hope the boy does well.

Brown rightfully or badly never rated the boy. Didn’t see enough of him-he seems   to score great goals but others think he was not  be good defensively .

No idea- good for the boy joining a top team. Good on Brown- he only wants a certain type of player to join him that fits his style …..

interesting to find out who wins…

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Thought the same when we announced Scott McMann on a PCA yesterday. As far as I know only English contracts tend to run until the end of June so a bit bizarre.