The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You won't find a more dedicated player than Cammy Kerr. Under Paul Hartley, he used to get ripped to shreds for taking his then girlfriend at the time to the local park to practice throw ins. He's a complete 100% player, takes care of himself and other than shagging that Jane Park and getting drawn into all that drama, he's been a good club ambassador. Hard working, brilliant engine on him but not very talented. The type of player that gets by in Scottish football on drive and determination opposed to composure, skill or flair.

Good, solid pro. Nothing more, nothing less.

Appreciate the run down, I would say that kind of backs up why I wouldn’t want him if I’m honest. While those are good attributes to have, it’s not personally what I want in a right back for this season. McMillan was a very capable creative and technical right back, I would like his replacement to have the same quality’s.  

Cammy Kerr, alongside being a competent right back, is also seemingly an acceptable left back and holding midfielder. Would make sense to bring him in if it means we’re covered in those positions too.

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I’d be largely fine with it. 

27 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cammy Kerr, alongside being a competent right back, is also seemingly an acceptable left back and holding midfielder. Would make sense to bring him in if it means we’re covered in those positions too.

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I’d be largely fine with it. 

Pretty much this.

He does get forward too which would be a different option from Wasiri depending on the situation and or opponents.

Plenty of experience and he has won this league before which is the level of experience I would like in a senior player and thankfully not as experienced as I thought at first.

Just now, Firhill5thrillz said:

Bizarrely Stanway is being linked with a 250k move to Rangers on X. Likely total nonsense.

I am pretty sure it is mate. The same guy was saying Lewis McCann was getting linked with a £750k link to Ibrox from Dunfermline 😆

13 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I am pretty sure it is mate. The same guy was saying Lewis McCann was getting linked with a £750k link to Ibrox from Dunfermline 😆

A similar Hibs account linking them with Brian Graham.

Silly season right enough.

49 minutes ago, Firhill5thrillz said:

Bizarrely Stanway is being linked with a 250k move to Rangers on X. Likely total nonsense.

It is nonsense- it’s a wind up website and was discussed about a page back

Unsurprised to learn that the Stanway ‘rumour’ is fake. On the subject of rumours from social media, it seems some of our fanbase is convinced that Kanayo Megwa is joining Thistle and now Mark Ridgers’ name is being thrown in the mix. Would be interested to know if there is any credibility to these rumours or is this just fan wish list talk.

Cammy Kerr on the bench for Dundee at EEP tonight, and came on as sub after 66 mins?

think it was Scott Burns from the DR who posted on Twitter about him leaving Dundee, he’s usually pretty spot on with his info.

11 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

I would be keen to hear the opinion of any Dundee or more importantly an Inverness fan who may happen to be having a read through this thread. Am I being harsh or ? 

Cammy is pretty versatile, plays his heart out and can do a job, but he's never managed to stay in the team in any of our promotion-winning seasons as he's not very dynamic, hence his level. Jack of all trades, master of none, which is good enough for the Championship and would probably be a decent squad player for a top-end Championship club but in reality I feel like a mid-table Champ club is more where he'd find his place imo.

If we could get megwa and still have space I would be happy to bring in Kerr as our “utility man” if the budget allowed it. A lee hodson type who can cover Milne at lb or in at rb and if a crisis occurred, in midfield. Something I think has been largely unmentioned across our fan base is what we would do if Milne were to become injured or suspended, both of which he’s been on a few occasions now. I would certainly not be comfortable with wasiri as a left back despite him being a reasonable bit if cover at rb. So this does make me think more about Kerr despite him being far from my number 1. Would take megwa first all day if there’s any truth in it. As for striker I have seen Rudden mentioned  across social media, absolute firm NAW from me. He jumped ship mid season, has behaved like an absolute tit against us on several occasions for both Dundee and Raith. Most importantly however, he has been absolutely rotten since leaving us and cannot play as a lone striker. Big big no from me.

9 minutes ago, TheThistleLion said:

The club are in talks with English striker Aramide Oteh who was previously at EFL League Two side Walsal.

For a striker his stats don't look too good. Looks like an Archibald type of signing.

33 minutes ago, 0neTeamInGlasgow said:

For a striker his stats don't look too good. Looks like an Archibald type of signing.

I'm interested in who he has crossed paths with in his career.  Early coaching by Chris Ramsey and Big Les Ferdinand, then mixing with some well-known EFL names like James Vaughan.  Could be someone Kris Dolan has identified as a player who has lost his way and he thinks he can improve? 

1 hour ago, TheThistleLion said:

The club are in talks with English striker Aramide Oteh who was previously at EFL League Two side Walsal.

That would likely explain why he was rushing off from the greaves event to catch a flight if he was going down for talks with this player 

Bringing in Hollywood to try and ensure a crowd pleasing ending to the season, I like the outside the box thinking. 

Here are Wesslers productions credits, this could be Dumb and Dumber part 3 if some of the geoguessr stuff that the players did for social media last season is anything to go by. 

Screenshot_20240711_181943_Chrome.jpg