The Partick Thistle thread

With this new fanbase thing, will the process for actually attending Firhill change with regards to season tickets?  I'll unfortunately be missing mine again this season with not being able to go much, but still renewing my dads one.  Will he still be able to get in with his card or will he need the app?

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

With this new fanbase thing, will the process for actually attending Firhill change with regards to season tickets?  I'll unfortunately be missing mine again this season with not being able to go much, but still renewing my dads one.  Will he still be able to get in with his card or will he need the app?

You can pay an extra £5 when purchasing in fan base, to have a physical card posted out 👍 I’ve done that but mine not here yet however have heard it will be end of month 

23 minutes ago, forameus said:

If my experience is anything to go by,if you buy the ticket for your dad it will probably be sent to your Fanbase account. I think the £5 extra is automatic for the physical card unless you opt out.

Been told we have offered Adeloye a deal, would be very pleased if he returned. Unsure on the progress of this though, might be one for a few weeks down the line if he is assessing his options.

The third kit is very neat. Since it appears to have been widely seen, for those who haven’t, it is basically an updated version of the retro kit we released in 2021. The black one with the diagonal red and yellow stripes across it.

19 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Been told we have offered Adeloye a deal, would be very pleased if he returned. Unsure on the progress of this though, might be one for a few weeks down the line if he is assessing his options.

I would be very happy with that providing he is not going to be injured for months from now. Before his injury I felt he was starting to make a great impact in games he was coming on in. He notched up 8 goals while only starting about 2 games the full season off the top my head. 8 goals while rarely having played over 25 minutes are impressive numbers at this level. He also missed around the last 10 games due to his injury and other niggles on occasion. Think it’s fair to say he would have comfortably hit 10+ had he stayed fit. Unlikely you are going to find a double digit striker for this league as a backup better than adeloye, only around 10 players in the whole league managed double figures last season. All of which would have been starters playing most minutes every week. Here’s hoping he accepts. 

56 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

8 goals while rarely having played over 25 minutes are impressive numbers at this level.

Adeloye had the best goal to minutes ratio in the entire Championship last season. On the games he started, he only started two in the entire league season and scored in both of them. 

I agree, we are not going to find a better second striker at this level than Adeloye. 

51 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Adeloye had the best goal to minutes ratio in the entire Championship last season. On the games he started, he only started two in the entire league season and scored in both of them. 

I agree, we are not going to find a better second striker at this level than Adeloye. 

Yeh Airdrie and Queen’s Park were the 2 that I could think of, which then aligns with your point that he did infact actually score in both of his only 2 starts as well. I didn’t even pick up on that. Fingers crossed. I think the fact he is injured might actually play in to our hands a bit with other clubs not making offers on this basis if they are looking for a first choice striker to come straight in and start. Whereas we have the luxury of having graham and suitable cover in diack, which might actually play into our hands while he can get fit again with us. 

2 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Let's hope that's true, would be happy to see him back at Firhill.

7 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Who told you this ?

Was it Mr Adeloye?

Mr Adeloye’s Agent?

Mr Doolan?

It’s a very smart ploy if true 

even if Tomi needs another month or two for recovery. Lawless and Tomi coming back in the winter months would be like two strong signings in the January window to strengthen an already strong squad.