The Partick Thistle thread

Yeah, won't be on much. Probably a last chance for him. On his twitter he's said #sagaover, seems to have failed to find a club over the summer for first team football, then decided to stay with us for another season.

I reckon he was offered a similar deal to Welsh - prove your fitness and you'll get a deal.

He looks like one of the Be A Jag guys these days.

attachicon.gifdug.png

You're right. he looks nothing at all like a professional footballer. More like a school supply teacher, the kind of gimp we'd lock in the cupboard and only let out when he sang the theme tune to Roobarb and Custard.

Nothing against the chap, best of luck in his career, etc etc...

Today showed why Archie's looking for another creative player. Don't think Amoo is even an impact sub (not sure why McDaid isn't played more) and Stevenson hasn't been good at all so far, maybe still suffering from a lack of pre-season but he looked like he would have preferred being in the stands with Hearts fans than playing for us today. Need Lawless back fully fit and hopefully Pogba isn't out for long either. Could do with an actual attacking RB as well.

We can't be playing Doolan in games where we are going to get bossed in midfield away at Hearts, Dons and Celtic. Stevenson isn't the answer and I bet his performances dip after getting stick from the fans today (wasn't deserved for kicking the ball out imo). Fingers crossed Pogba works out and we're just gonna have to fire balls at him.

We need to get back to basics. Osman and Bannigan sitting in midfield. Not that impressed with Frans and Seaborne as a partnership and I'd prefer to give Lindsay and Hendry a run together but I doubt the management will take that chance.

Amoo must not start on the left hand side again. Didn't work against a poor Killie side so I feared the worst when I saw Archie set out the team. His game is all about pace and getting to the goal line and belting the ball in to the box. Having to cut back negates any good work he may have done.

Apparently we've only had ten shots on target this season, eight of which were against Killie.

Can't score and can't keep em out. A worring combination. Not running up the white flag yet as our defeats have been against two of the best teams in the league. Unfortunately our next two games are arguably against the other two best teams in the league. I'd love to take 2 or 3 points from those games but we need to improve a heck of a lot.

Edited by Callum Booth