The Partick Thistle thread

It'd be a massive minter/beamer/riddy etc for Balatoni if he came back plus I wouldn't want to spend whatever budget is left on a position we're well covered in. I thought he'd end up somewhere abroad- I see Colina signed for some team in Cyprus today so similar to that.

Archie said in the ICT preview that we're some way away from adding to the squad- I'd think we'll get someone in on deadline day on loan, maybe 2 if Elliott's going to be out for months rather than weeks.

I'd be happy for him to have stayed. Spoke to him on Saturday and it seems unlikely but he hasn't signed for anyone else, yet.

Said on Saturday if offered a short term deal to Christmas. He wouldn't come back.

Fair play to the big man. Silenced his critics and performed in the top league in Scotland, comfortably.

Sorry Dave, do you mean he was offered a deal and knocked it back?

I'd heard that some cash had been ring fenced for his potential return but Archie preference was that it was spent in the forward areas.

Too right. Only reason we should look to bring Balatoni back is if Everton (or someone else) make a suitable bid for Hendry. He, along with Lindsay, have proved we've four decent centre-backs.

We need one more attacking midfielder. Possibly another full-back.

Edited by Slacker

Never been on WAT. I remember Red Monkey was a bit of a trouble maker/ outcast to certain members on .net , I liked him.

The little I remember of the .net seethe brigade seemed to hate the guy because he would word things as if he was in the know or something petty like that.

I liked him too, caused some great QQ!

Edited by cilitbang

Sorry Dave, do you mean he was offered a deal and knocked it back?

I'd heard that some cash had been ring fenced for his potential return but Archie preference was that it was spent in the forward areas.

Sorry no, a lad beside us asked him, if you don't get signed up anywhere, would you come back here short term til Christmas to keep yourself fit and in the shop window, he said no.

No resentment or anything just a fresh start, ambitions and time to move on.

That's a real shiter for Elliot. Also means we're short in the fullback and winger positions

Archie has suggested that he'll be looking for another player if Elliott's injury is bad.

Real shame for Christie, and his burd even more so.

Edited by Reid

Never been on WAT. I remember Red Monkey was a bit of a trouble maker/ outcast to certain members on .net , I liked him.

His habit of continually implying that he had inside info that no one else had was a real pain in the arse. The "I know something you don't know" attitude really wound people up.

That said, by all accounts he's a good guy in reality. He helped me out with some non football related stuff at one point.