The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wonder if these PCAs are void if we go down? 

...or up 🤔

I don’t think they’re legally binding but the SFA/ SPFL may interject if there is a dispute. 

33 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Good news, but you wouldn’t think it reading the comments so far. We’re no out the woods of 9th o 10th but I feel we will finish the season nearer the top than the bottom of the league*

*I will reserve the right to choose the diametrics at the time....

4 hours ago, dave.j said:

I'm still trying to come to terms with what I witnessed at Firhill last night, so that I can put it in writing.  

Was there anything about the set up or just ruminations about how other countries/ clubs have embraced fan ownership? 

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good news, but you wouldn’t think it reading the comments so far. We’re no out the woods of 9th o 10th but I feel we will finish the season nearer the top than the bottom of the league*

*I will reserve the right to choose the diametrics at the time....

Depends what we can get done in this window.

All well and good having bodies signed up for next year, and while we’ve put together a few unexpectedly good results recently, the squad is still a mess. Can’t keep expecting McCall to work miracles with some of these numpties we're having to play every week.

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Was there anything about the set up or just ruminations about how other countries/ clubs have embraced fan ownership? 

There was pretty much nothing about how it will work specifically at Thistle.

A great lesson on how fan ownership works across the world, though...

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Depends what we can get done in this window.

All well and good having bodies signed up for next year, and while we’ve put together a few unexpectedly good results recently, the squad is still a mess. Can’t keep expecting McCall to work miracles with some of these numpties we're having to play every week.

Agree in that McCall has done some great work. Importantly he seems to have instilled some confidence in the squad and maybe close to a first choice team. I think we have playing better (excluding Dunfermline game) and we would have just enough to stay out of the bottom two with the team at his disposal. I appreciate I might be in a minority of one with that opinion due to the bloody noses we’ve suffered over the last year.

January is key but will it be a short-term fix strategy or will he be looking at the players he thinks will contribute in the next season or two? I guess when it comes to the wire it’ll be a mix of the two. 

The two PCAs mooted are pretty decent. Hopefully any new additions are of a similar standard.

The two PCAs mooted are pretty decent. Hopefully any new additions are of a similar standard.

I can’t speak for Brownlie as it was so long ago we had him but Doc is definitely just decent and that’s if he’s got support around him in midfield. I’m not entirely sure he’s the quality of player you need to get out of this league.

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t speak for Brownlie as it was so long ago we had him but Doc is definitely just decent and that’s if he’s got support around him in midfield. I’m not entirely sure he’s the quality of player you need to get out of this league.

Can’t say he’s been a stand out for me. I guess I’ll just have to put my faith in McCall’s judgement on this one. 

Been impressed with Docherty when I’ve seen him. Gets about the pitch and puts tackles in. Will be nice having a midfielder that can actually tackle.

Never really noticed Brownlie when we’ve played Queens which I suppose is a good thing.

Brownlie and Docherty seem like fairly solid if unspectacular signings for this level; not particularly convinced that either is of the calibre needed to win the league but I'll take them every day of the week over some of the shite that's come in the door over the last 2.5 years.

6 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Brownlie and Docherty seem like fairly solid if unspectacular signings for this level; not particularly convinced that either is of the calibre needed to win the league but I'll take them every day of the week over some of the shite that's come in the door over the last 2.5 years.

Has Brownlie signed?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:
Right lads time for you to take the rest of the decent players from Ayr.
1EA04FF9-5454-4688-958D-447FC106B355.gif.6d49f664499ece4068facf9fdea9b5bd.gif

In that case, leave Moore where he is.

He's signed an 18 month contract with Ayr. McCall getting in the heads of Ayr...

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

One of the most bizarre moments last night during the Q&A. 

2 people asked 2 great questions about their respective 'demographics. 

An elderly gentlemen had concerns that the older Jags fans feel left out. They don't go online, they don't use Social Media etc and as such are not part of the discussion or aware of what has been going on. 

The Gentleman got a well deserved long detailed answer about what the Steering Group could do to be more inclusive. 

A young lad who happened to be black, raised concerns about the perceived make up of the Group Board and those involved.

He seems to have some learning difficulties and struggled to get his point across, but it was understood.

His concern being that the perception of those involved in the Working Group seemed to be all pretty much middle aged, white men.

Elaine Sibbald clearly took offence to this, leaping up from the row infront and telling the lad that she wasn't a middle aged white man and if that was his perception maybe he should get an application and join the Working Group. 

15 minutes ago, dave.j said:

One of the most bizarre moments last night during the Q&A. 

2 people asked 2 great questions about their respective 'demographics. 

An elderly gentlemen had concerns that the older Jags fans feel left out. They don't go online, they don't use Social Media etc and as such are not part of the discussion or aware of what has been going on. 

The Gentleman got a well deserved long detailed answer about what the Steering Group could do to be more inclusive. 

A young lad who happened to be black, raised concerns about the perceived make up of the Group Board and those involved.

He seems to have some learning difficulties and struggled to get his point across, but it was understood.

His concern being that the perception of those involved in the Working Group seemed to be all pretty much middle aged, white men.

Elaine Sibbald clearly took offence to this, leaping up from the row infront and telling the lad that she wasn't a middle aged white man and if that was his perception maybe he should get an application and join the Working Group.

The first point was almost negated by the demographics of the meeting as the age group who were most disadvantaged were the best represented.

I didn't take the same out of the response that you did. It sounded like an invitation to become involved.