The Partick Thistle thread

Not really sure what’s to be gained from signing Barjonas. We’re pretty deep at CM already... unlike the majority of the rest of the areas in our squad.

I suppose it’s possible McCall wants to move permanently to a 3-5-2 and needs more bodies for the middle, or perhaps Slater is on the way out (assuming him because I can’t see it being any of the others).

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Do I get to use "hopefully he'll link up well with Ximelez and Castolo" again?

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:
Do I get to use "hopefully he'll link up well with Ximelez and Castolo" again?

Castolo was sum boi.

All about Miranda. Top player.

Should never have changed the names after PES1. Castello, Ximenez, etc were much better than the mis-spelled alternatives they introduced in (I think) PES3. Ridiculous decision.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Not really sure what’s to be gained from signing Barjonas. We’re pretty deep at CM already... unlike the majority of the rest of the areas in our squad.

I suppose it’s possible McCall wants to move permanently to a 3-5-2 and needs more bodies for the middle, or perhaps Slater is on the way out (assuming him because I can’t see it being any of the others).

Was just about to say the same, even with Wilson leaving that's 7 CMs on the books if we're not counting Harkins as a footballer forward these days. Of the 3 McCall hasn't signed or offered an extension to Slater would seem the most obvious one to leave.

McCall certainly used 3-5-2 a fair bit in his 1st spell with us but he seemed to have settled on 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with Ayr and for the few games before the break once Jones was fit again.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Was just about to say the same, even with Wilson leaving that's 7 CMs on the books if we're not counting Harkins as a footballer forward these days. Of the 3 McCall hasn't signed or offered an extension to Slater would seem the most obvious one to leave.

McCall certainly used 3-5-2 a fair bit in his 1st spell with us but he seemed to have settled on 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with Ayr and for the few games before the break once Jones was fit again.

3-5-2 would make sense for a few reasons. Cardle looks done and Zanatta blows hot & cold, so our wide play is pretty much non-existent. It also means Williamson and Penrice can play further up and won’t have to do quite as much defending as they do with a back 4; which plays to their strengths (yes, we have defenders whose weaknesses are defending).

We would need at least one more CB to make it work, though. Only have 3 currently and one of them is Sean McGinty.

I think 3-5-2 fits our current personnel best, but no matter what formation we play right now, there are glaring deficiencies. Caldwell has left such a mess here it’s unreal.

43 games for a near 21 year old? I'd prefer we added Sena back to the squad.

Looks like he's out of contract in May unless he's re-signed recently.

But McCall must see something in the lad so hopefully it works out for him and the Jags.

47 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

43 games for a near 21 year old? I'd prefer we added Sena back to the squad.

Looks like he's out of contract in May unless he's re-signed recently.

But McCall must see something in the lad so hopefully it works out for him and the Jags.

He signed a new contract late last year until 2021.

11 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

He signed a new contract late last year until 2021.

Cheers. 

I'd assume Sir Ian has a specific role in mind for him going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Does that mean he can play in the first couple of league Cup group fixtures next season if it's 6 months? 

I was sure i read 6 months.. it’s until the end of the season. 
so i was being special and that also answers your question 😉

Not enthralled with signing Barjonas. Its a position where we don't need any more bodies and going on his reviews from Raith fans he's a half arsed charlatan.

But, one bad loan spell does not make a career. He might have had a kick up the arse and in his interview on Jagzone he seemed enthusiastic to join.

McCall explects him to challenge for 1 of 3 places in midfield....i would expect players to move on....slater a possible....banzo..McKinnon..cole..gordon and now barjonas all challenging for those 3 places can't be a bad thing..

If it means that we don't have to stick with someone because "well, who else would you play?" reasons, then great.  If a player isn't performing or is low on confidence, we should always be in a position where we can take him out of the team and play someone else.

You hear that Joe?