The Partick Thistle thread

It's okay. AA said he'd be happy with a top 8 finish, a good cup run and giving some of the young lads a run of first team games this season 8)

He wants another striker in as "Doolan can't do it alone". Ideally, Didier Drogba but we shouldn't hold our breath on that one :P

This is the same player who Hammer Jag thinks has pace which really is having a laugh and who scored almost half his goals in one match.Sorry to his fan club but at this level he really isn't much good. Nice intelligent player who should be commended for his loyalty but that shouldn't hide his obvious defficiencies as a striker

U avin a laff m8
Did Dools not score 4 against Hamilton in one game last season?

This is the same player who Hammer Jag thinks has pace which really is having a laugh and who scored almost half his goals in one match.

Sorry to his fan club but at this level he really isn't much good. Nice intelligent player who should be commended for his loyalty but that shouldn't hide his obvious defficiencies as a striker

He scored the perfect hat trick against Hamilton though? His job is goals and has the ability to stick away a half chance. He may not be very fast off the ball but he's speedy in the box and turns quickly.

He did pretty well with that run from the half way at ER on our return to the top flight.

I certainly can't think of anyone available on similar money who'd do better?

He struggled at times last season especially against the more physical teams but he's capable of scoring against anybody.

This is all glossing over the fact we don't have any other senior strikers on our books.

I think everyone's aware of Doolan's limitations. Even his 'fan club', which I'm a proud member of! I'm sure Kris welcomes a challenge, too, and would be the first to admit that we need a striker with different attributes. But I'm happy to have him as long as he chips in with his fair share of goals. Something he's consistently done since he returned from his Broadwood loan.

I honestly don't want to give the impression that I'm having a go at the guy for no reason. I like him as a player. He is a highly intelligent footballer who has contributed greatly to the club for a number of years. To me his perfect position is behind the striker where his touch would be best utilised.

The point I've been making is that at this level he has neither the physique or speed to play lone striker (our chosen system) and that it would madness to start the season with him being our only option up front.

It's okay. AA said he'd be happy with a top 8 finish, a good cup run and giving some of the young lads a run of first team games this season 8)

He wants another striker in as "Doolan can't do it alone". Ideally, Didier Drogba but we shouldn't hold our breath on that one :P

I honestly don't want to give the impression that I'm having a go at the guy for no reason. I like him as a player. He is a highly intelligent footballer who has contributed greatly to the club for a number of years. To me his perfect position is behind the striker where his touch would be best utilised.The point I've been making is that at this level he has neither the physique or speed to play lone striker (our chosen system) and that it would madness to start the season with him being our only option up front.

I thought he got one with his right but a bit churlish of you either way m8 :(

To be fair I agree with the rest of the post. He's a good finisher and I'd like to see him with us for a few more years, but to progress as a team we do need other options which would probably see him reduced to a squad player.

I think after that game vs Hamilton, everyone thought that the tap in goal at the North stand was with his right, but the photos made it clear it wasn't. Think the backheel made up for no right foot goal though.

Last season he scored 10 goals in 1973 minutes, which is just shy of 22 full games on the pitch. The goal stats don't seem to back up that he isn't suited to playing as a lone striker.

The fact that he was uninjured throughout the season and only played that many minutes would suggest that the manager has as many reservations about his ability to play the role as I have

The fact that he was uninjured throughout the season and only played that many minutes would suggest that the manager has as many reservations about his ability to play the role as I have

Or, maybe it suggests that sometimes he preferred Taylor to play given we mostly play a one-striker system? Just like he sometimes preferred Doolan?