The Partick Thistle thread

Ok,why's it nonsense? Saw pretty much every game and can't think of one where he started Doolan when Taylor was available. Some sort of heressay to suggest that the manager has doubts about the guy as lone striker?

3-0 win at home to St Johnstone 1-0 win at home to Caley no?

Hamilton have more money than Thistle wouldnt of expected that! As for Clarkson he is expected to be third/fourth choice at Motherwell I think, ignoring that though I have always thought Doolan was decent enough would imagine you lo will need another striker though.

Hamilton have more money than Thistle wouldnt of expected that!

Hamilton have raked in millions of pounds from transfers such as mcarthur, mccarthy, andreu etc in the relatively recent past so it's not really that big a surprise. For what it's worth I really like doolan but I think he's very much a confidence player and when it isn't going his way we need another option which isn't sticking stevo up front

Ok,why's it nonsense? Saw pretty much every game and can't think of one where he started Doolan when Taylor was available. Some sort of heressay to suggest that the manager has doubts about the guy as lone striker?

You're questioning the ability of a guy who has scored double figures in consecutive seasons in a position you say the manager has doubts over whether he can play. The fact he's not always been first choice yet has still managed a better return than any other striker at the club during that time is further damnation of your drivel.

Hamilton have raked in millions of pounds from transfers such as mcarthur, mccarthy, andreu etc in the relatively recent past so it's not really that big a surprise. For what it's worth I really like doolan but I think he's very much a confidence player and when it isn't going his way we need another option which isn't sticking stevo up front

Ross County through Roy MacGregor and his Global Energy group have also what looks like handsome financial backing that Thistle just don't have. Global Energy is one of the fastest growing companies in the oil and gas industry and I heard on BBC Scotland Stuart McCall and Alex Miller talking about how much money is being pumped into Ross County. They mentioned us losing Scott Fox and talked about another example is last years Bradford City captain joining them this summer and McCall knew roughly how much he was on down at Bradford due to his links at the club and being an ex-manager there. He was surprised the Staggies had that kind of pull. But fair play to them ;-)

I agree with Archie that 8th or better is a good place to be aiming as it looks like we do have the lowest budget in the division so it puts last years achievements into perspective.

is that word supposed to be heresay or heresy?

You're questioning the ability of a guy who has scored double figures in consecutive seasons in a position you say the manager has doubts over whether he can play. The fact he's not always been first choice yet has still managed a better return than any other striker at the club during that time is further damnation of your drivel.

Keep forgetting that Doolan is above criticism.

How would your figures for last season look if he hadn't scored four against a demoralised Hamilton team?. I'd also add that if we're going to make a big thing about his scoring average some mention should be made that only two of those seasons were in the top league.

My entire point is that he doesn't have the physique or speed for the premiership to play lone striker.

Keep forgetting that Doolan is above criticism.How would your figures for last season look if he hadn't scored four against a demoralised Hamilton team?

You're asking how would his scoring figures have looked if he had scored less goals, and you think that proves a point somehow? How would Celtic's points tally look if they hadn't won as many games? Or St Mirren's league position look if they'd won more games?

Plum.

Horseplay
is that word supposed to be heresay or heresy?
Thought it's fairly obvious what the word was supposed to be. Mobile keyboards have so little space for my big adult fingers. Take it by your response and reasoned argument your a paid up member of the Doolan fan club who can't tolerate criticism of the 'great one'