The Partick Thistle thread

I'd guess Doolan/Pogba would be the two contesting for the starting spot and Mandron would be incase of injuries. I have no idea how good he actually is but he's only played 17 games and scored 1 goal. Used to sitting on the bench I suppose.

I'd guess Doolan/Pogba would be the two contesting for the starting spot and Mandron would be incase of injuries. I have no idea how good he actually is but he's only played 17 games and scored 1 goal. Used to sitting on the bench I suppose.

I doubt Sunderland would want to loan him out to sit on the bench if they actually rate him though. Hopefully a different scenario to Mukendi or Moncur.

Pogba signs. One year deal, with an option for another

He's number 99 :unsure2:

I have a Sunderland supporting friend and he thought Mandron would have been pushing for a place in the first team this year so I guess that's encouraging enough. Would be surprised if we got him though, surely now a creative attacking midfielder is more important?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderlands-mikael-mandron-closing-loan-9781128

Reports suggest we are closing in on Mandron also. I disagree that it's strange. With only an Doolan really on the books as an experienced striker we need a couple of reinforcements. It's not unusual to have three or four forwards as inevitably we'll need them it's a long season, as long as Archie can manage them all. Mandron seems like a solid young player and he needs to prove himself. Moving to us on loan for a season may be a great move for us and him. He's highly thought of at SAFC has played for Scotland U20 setup.

Pogba should be perfect for the SPFL. Slightly barren year or so but he's shown he can score goals.