The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Eh? I wasn’t thinking of TJF having anything to do with this. I was thinking of the Gaelic signage project that they were involved in that I thought was getting done at the wrong time. 

Eh? A Gaelic signage project caused a slight mix-up in realising we MAY need to extend contracts for players IF we get to the play-off final? 

Reaction GIF

Anyway, I see Motherwell have given the job to Stuart Kettlewell after two wins, whilst in interim charge after stepping up from his academy role. He was given an 18 month role which makes sense in terms of continuity and any contract discussions?

Do we envisage similar at Firhill? If Doolan gets the role but only until the end  of season could that be seen as a further concern about finances?

45 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Eh? A Gaelic signage project caused a slight mix-up in realising we MAY need to extend contracts for players IF we get to the play-off final? 

Reaction GIF

It was hardly a priority. Footballers contracts should have taken precedence, as well as making sure that ST holders could get in. Maybe this is why the club is in the state it is in. Because the management don’t know how to prioritise.

5 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It was hardly a priority. Footballers contracts should have taken precedence, as well as making sure that ST holders could get in. Maybe this is why the club is in the state it is in. Because the management don’t know how to prioritise.

Sometimes, such as in this case, two things can have absolutely nothing at all to do with each other. 

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Making sure season tickets could get in where exactly? 

13 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I have nothing against the signage, just thought the timing was off - but knock yourselves out.

You're basically claiming that the club was arranging the Gaelic stuff at the exact time they should have been checking the end dates on players' contracts, and speculating that maybe the former somehow stopped the latter from happening. 

It is unclear why you picked the timing of this relatively small Gaelic initiative as the key problem over other things the club was doing under Jacqui Low's "leadership" - some of which have landed us in a right mess. It's almost like you have an agenda but aren't willing to say what you really mean.  I really can't quite work it out tbh...

Ritapuzz.gif

28 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

You're basically claiming that the club was arranging the Gaelic stuff at the exact time they should have been checking the end dates on players' contracts, and speculating that maybe the former somehow stopped the latter from happening. 

It is unclear why you picked the timing of this relatively small Gaelic initiative as the key problem over other things the club was doing under Jacqui Low's "leadership" - some of which have landed us in a right mess. It's almost like you have an agenda but aren't willing to say what you really mean.  I really can't quite work it out tbh...

Ritapuzz.gif

The point I was making at the time was that all the focus should have been on football matters at what I think is typically the busiest time of the year.It wasn’t just the signage that was unusual for that time, there was also the new initiative of free travel for ST holders on First bus. There isn’t any agenda. So anything extra should have been delayed, if at all possible. 

9 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

The point I was making at the time was that all the focus should have been on football matters at what I think is typically the busiest time of the year.It wasn’t just the signage that was unusual for that time, there was also the new initiative of free travel for ST holders on First bus. There isn’t any agenda. So anything extra should have been delayed, if at all possible. 

The club should have held off giving ST holders free bus travel on match days, and instead should have focused on football matters? Very strange take.

9 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

The club should have held off giving ST holders free bus travel on match days, and instead should have focused on football matters? Very strange take.

If they had managed to get everything done right, I would take your point. By the way, does anyone know if the affected players have signed the contract extensions ?