The Partick Thistle thread

I'd be surprised if it's not further investment from the Weirs but this new trust might be their preferred vehicle of doing it.

There is an existing supporters trust which owns shares, not sure how this pans out- it obviously seems a positive move at face value but we'll need to see the further details.

So this PTFC Trust thing

Is that some kind of move towards partial fan ownership

Probably not. The trust - the one set up around the time the late Brown McMaster was doing his thing - has about a million shares and maybe that again in proxies. It's a bit of a bloc and was sidelined when the heroes of 2009 ran into the burning house.

I guess the latest fans organisation - the latest of many as they are heralded and then tossed aside when not needed - will be tidying up loose ends that have hung around for a few years.

I don't believe a word of fan participation from the board. The Jags Trust may shuffle its feet. It may offer to cooperate.

Debt free? I am keen to know what that means for the club, the fans, the playing staff and the future of Thistle.

I would be delighted if this all presaged greater involvement with the Weirs - as popularly rumoured - as I think they give a shit.

"Whilst Beattie was unable to reveal the identity of the investors that had enabled the deal to go through, he assured Thistle fans that they have the best interests of the club at heart."

“I’m under confidentiality, the investors want to keep it quiet just now,” he said.

“In the fullness of time that will come out no doubt, but I can’t talk about it just now. What I can say is that they are Thistle-minded people though.”

A move to a fan ownership model, like the ones being explored at the likes of Hearts and Motherwell, is not currently on the horizon though.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/14031445.Jags_chairman_David_Beattie_delighted_as_Partick_Thistle_go__quot_mortgage_free_quot_/?

Good. The idea of some of our fans having an input into serious business decisions fills me with dread.

At best of times football fans come across like morons, but Hearts fans have shown it can be done fairly well.

After his variously wankerish #lad tweets and today retweeting Justin Bieber videos, I've come to the conclusion Muirhead is a w**k. Unfollowed.

I had to unfollowed him after his constant #sorrynotsorry tweets.

Daeing my nut in.

After his variously wankerish #lad tweets and today retweeting Justin Bieber videos, I've come to the conclusion Muirhead is a w**k. Unfollowed.

I had to unfollowed him after his constant #sorrynotsorry tweets.

Daeing my nut in.

He can do one. Send him back to the Fruit Bowl.

I see Pogba was caught up in the attacks in Paris at the weekend as he was in the ground watching his brother, and we've said if he needs more time off we'll give him it.

Also, Booth is player of the month for October, here he is relaxing with a newspaper.

post-107-0-06615700-1447676657_thumb.jpg

The same scout is looking at Simeon Akinola from Braintree for us as well. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-take-search-talent-6842872?

It is/was a successful transfer policy for ICT to pick up lower league players from down south. Don't know if it's a great idea to keep stating what players we're scouting though.