The Partick Thistle thread

EFL 1 should be an interesting division to play in, with the Hollywood side, Birmingham City relegation and good managers in Dave Challinor and Nigel Clough bringing their sides up.  Good luck to Jack.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think there were rumours Thistle tried to sign him last summer, so wouldn’t be shocked. He’s very injury prone but Thistle could do a lot worse as a backup to Graham, allowing Diack to go out on loan.

53 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I think there were rumours Thistle tried to sign him last summer, so wouldn’t be shocked. He’s very injury prone but Thistle could do a lot worse as a backup to Graham, allowing Diack to go out on loan.

I'd take Diack on loan, was impressed with him the first game in at firhill. Loads a potential.

Don’t really rate McGill tbh but as a backup to Graham he’d perhaps be a decent signing. Maybe more chance of game time elsewhere might go against us though. Interesting to see what Doolan has planned for Diack. 

He seems to cover a lot of ground and will help to defend from the front. 

I'd rather take a chance on him than sign the likes of Zak Rudden.

St Johnstone quoted so I doubt he'll  come to sit on our bench when he can sit on their's for more money.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

Would be quite an underwhelming signing but it might be difficult for us to attract better strikers as they’ll know that Graham will be first choice. Ideally whoever we get in to compete with Graham wouldn’t be injury-prone as Airdrie fans have mentioned.

35 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Don’t really rate McGill tbh but as a backup to Graham he’d perhaps be a decent signing. Maybe more chance of game time elsewhere might go against us though. Interesting to see what Doolan has planned for Diack. 

Likely to be just as much sitting on raith rovers bench as they already have 3 decent strikers 

Did we ever get confirmation on what’s happening with Alston? Presuming if he was staying we’d have heard about an extension by now, and he’s no longer listed on the website. 

5 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Did we ever get confirmation on what’s happening with Alston? Presuming if he was staying we’d have heard about an extension by now, and he’s no longer listed on the website. 

Not heard either way. A lot of players still on holiday and they haven't even returned for pre-season yet. BBG still in Germany 🇩🇪 

I'd be wanting Diack to sign an extension before we send him out on loan, be a shitter if he banged in 15 for someone and we lost him for whatever statutory compensation we'd be due. Slightly surprised he didn't sign one last year when likes of MacKenzie and Stanway did. 

2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Tickets on sale for Edinburgh games.

I've take a chance on getting one early for the Thistle game.

Nice and easy as through Fanbase so literally a couple of clicks and in my account wallet.

Tickets on sale already for the Edinburgh game. 

7 minutes ago, Reid said:

Ourselves, Dunfermline and QPR (development squad) all interested in Ngwenya according the Record.

Surprised that we’re interested in keeping him tbh. Didn’t fancy him at full back and not really a winger