The Partick Thistle thread

The geek in me loving the pre-season update interview.  Sitting here having just scoffed a couple of egg custards, well done to the lads for sticking with their fitness plans.  Pleasing to hear some good news about Steven Lawless.

1 hour ago, Red Kite said:

The geek in me loving the pre-season update interview.  Sitting here having just scoffed a couple of egg custards, well done to the lads for sticking with their fitness plans.  Pleasing to hear some good news about Steven Lawless.

What is an egg custard. Is that a Liverpool specialty?

3 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

What is an egg custard. Is that a Liverpool specialty?

It is just a small custard tart  which I notice Morrison's have labelled an "Egg Custard Tart" on their posh box.  Like the wee cakes you get in Greggs.  I have been greeted with a blank stare asking for them in London, until I asked for a custard tart.  It's like a different country down there!

5 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

It is just a small custard tart  which I notice Morrison's have labelled an "Egg Custard Tart" on their posh box.  Like the wee cakes you get in Greggs.  I have been greeted with a blank stare asking for them in London, until I asked for a custard tart.  It's like a different country down there!

You've got to ask for a pastel de nata in that London, only way they'll understand.

8 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Understand. It’s amazing that even in such a wee country we can give the same thing different names.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Understand. It’s amazing that even in such a wee country we can give the same thing different names.

Luckily for me, I can get Scottish telly, radio and Pie and Bovril to work on my patter when I come up for games 🙂

Was still somehow expecting a December trip to Inverness to be in there despite them being relegated. When you look at the fixtures written down it does look a tough league, I'm sure a couple of teams will massively underwhelm though.

Festive fixtures aren't too bad because of the close geographical nature of the league, at least our game vs Dunfermline at that time of year is at home.

15 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Just watching Doolan's interview I'm beginning to think Wasiri is going to be our 'utility' defender this season. A RB, GK and striker are the position he's identified as needing strengthening which I think we'd all agree with 

Just watched it and very positive from Kris. Some good news on Stevie Lawless too as he begins his recovery.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Not a fixtures conspiracist by any means, but a bit bizarre that we are always away on the last game of the season. I don’t think we’ve ended with a home tie since the Top 6 season. 

Feel your pain.

We had Arbroath twice, Cove and Inverness all away on the last day, 4 years on the spin!

Finally have a home tie this season.

27 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Not a fixtures conspiracist by any means, but a bit bizarre that we are always away on the last game of the season. I don’t think we’ve ended with a home tie since the Top 6 season. 

It's 7 out of the last 8 years, the only year we were due to be at home on the last day was in 2020 when the season didn't finish. There are a couple of post split fixtures in there as well but still it is a strange quirk.

We had a run of 4 away opening day fixtures between 2017-2020 but come August will now have had 3 of the last 4 opening day games at home.

Edited by Fuctifano

23 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

We did in the COVID-curtailed 19/20 season. Our last game before the shut down was Dunfermline (H), and even if that season had been played to completion we would have finished with Dundee (H).