The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, baba douche said:

Not looking forward to going down there - they've got a massive new stand with lots of hospitality, should make it difficult.

Agree and my statement seems illogical   However, I got taken there as a guest by my mate's late dad, which I think must have been a 3-3 game against Hibs in October 1998.  Pure mental.  Me and my other English mate were killing ourselves laughing when this Ayr fan put his head round the dugout and called Alex McLeish a w*nker.   Strangely, both of us ended up opting for the Jags.  I want to get back there following a team.

13 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Ayr's new development. We will still get behind the goal. I'm not sure if there is scope for away fans in the north-side of the new terrace though?

@D'Jaffo

In short, no one really knows how it’ll work. Usually there would be a fence to separate the home and away fans but I’m not sure if that fence is still there now that the stand has been built. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

In short, no one really knows how it’ll work. Usually there would be a fence to separate the home and away fans but I’m not sure if that fence is still there now that the stand has been built. 

Looks like there is a dividing fence about 1/3 way along the new stand area. 

Picture1.png

19 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Greetings Jags, looks like we're about to sign Kieran Ngwenya, what's the thoughts on him? Been mixed reviews so far but will give the lad time of course.

He’s… fine. Didn’t get all that much of a shot with us due to a combination of injury and being obviously worse than Harry Milne, but didn’t do an awful lot when he did play, either positive or negative.

He’s a downgrade on the boy who’s just left you for Charlton. Just a bog standard Championship level left back, imo, but with scope to improve.

Edit: we played him all over the place as well - right back, left back and left midfield from memory - so that presumably wouldn’t have helped him. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 hours ago, baba douche said:

Not looking forward to going down there - they've got a massive new stand with lots of hospitality, should make it difficult.

Chewin The Fat Fancy Cheese Baguette Modus Operandi GIF - Chewin The Fat  Fancy Cheese Baguette Modus Operandi - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, Bazza The Jag said:

Looks like there is a dividing fence about 1/3 way along the new stand area. 

Picture1.png

Yeah, there is a gate that allows home fans the full North Terrace for seating and terracing.  Away fans who fill the railway end and their part of the main stand and enclosure below will get the extra end of the North Terrace.

ETA - I may be wrong actually, the gate may only open for us to go round to the Railway end when we play small clubs who only bring enough for the main stand and enclosure.  Clubs like Queens Park and Morton.

Edited by callum-ayr

2 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Did the club ever formally deal with the racism incident at Ayr? Seemed to go quiet after the initial statement about it.

Think I recall hearing about the alleged perpetrator being someone with learning difficulties but I could be talking shite as I'm on holiday at the moment and having sobriety difficulties. 

45 minutes ago, Walter said:

Think I recall hearing about the alleged perpetrator being someone with learning difficulties but I could be talking shite as I'm on holiday at the moment and having sobriety difficulties. 

Heard the same thing, and also that communication was made with the family of the guy involved. Hopefully there won't be any repeats or I'd guess the club will need to take a tougher stance.

Unpopular opinion. These are the worst kits we've had since moving to O'Neills. Not a fan of either 😢

ETA maybe we've just been spoilt with great kits lately (particularly the centenary and last seasons 3rd choice) 

Edited by jaggyness