The Partick Thistle thread

Echo the previous sentiments, understand it can take some time for deals to be finalised etc but how we don't have a right back signed especially after last week is very frustrating. Wasiri was solid enough defensively but we lost all attacking momentum when he crossed the half way line. 

The straw I’m clutching at is that I have seen Wasiri have a good game at right back before - admittedly it was against Arbroath last season who were f**king rotten, but still.

Have we ever announced a signing on Saturday morning before? 

We have had back to back clean sheets so it’s hardly a disaster having Wasiri at right back again. I would accept it limits us going forward but it’s time for others to step up as well. 

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The straw I’m clutching at is that I have seen Wasiri have a good game at right back before - admittedly it was against Arbroath last season who were f**king rotten, but still.

Alston signed on the morning of the Raith game on day 1 last year. Edit : in fact we announced it at half one in the afternoon. 

Maybe if Grimshaw signs tomorrow he'll score against them all the time as well. 

Edited by Fuctifano

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The great JL used to regularly do it! Albeit in a time before transfer windows

Wasiri actually defended well against Morton, he also had one or two moments going forward. But you can tell he isn’t a natural attacking full back, which isn’t his fault.

Hopefully we get Grimshaw or whoever in ASAP. We have a week off next week, so surely we will have a right back in before the Falkirk game. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Seem to remember in the Lambie days that we'd turn up on a Saturday and there'd be two players who'd signed the Friday night before and we had no idea. Can't for the life of me remember who, but pretty sure it happened a couple of times.

Edited by Griff Sheridan

47 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Seem to remember in the Lambie days that we'd turn up on a Saturday and there'd be two players who'd signed the Friday night before and we had no idea. Can't for the life of me remember who, but pretty sure it happened a couple of times.

Lambie often signed players on a Friday and I remember having to phone the Jagsline to find out.

Martin Cameron stands out as one I remember. Possibly Leon Constantine.

i also remember phoning the jags line to listen to a Lambie interview where he discusses trying to sign Gazza 😂

Edited by BigMadMental

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Alston signed on the morning of the Raith game on day 1 last year. Edit : in fact we announced it at half one in the afternoon. 

Maybe if Grimshaw signs tomorrow he'll score against them all the time as well

I don't think he will bur he probably wouldn't play as you need international clearance from the SFA and there'd probably be an issue in that coming through in time. (I'm sure this is the case even for domestic transfers, but I could be havering).

57 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I remember Calum Cambell was signed on the morning of our league opener against Clydebank in Lambie's first full season and he scored in a 2-1 win. 1989/90?

The Sandy Clarke era?? Shudder!

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

The Sandy Clarke era?? Shudder!

Was definitely Lambie. Clark came in for his horrible spell later in the season then Lambie came back. I think either end had a thumping defeat of Hamilton. Ironically the club Lambie went to.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

Harking back to 'the old days' a bit more. Does anyone who used to stand in the Shed late 80's early 90's remember the guys from Bishopbriggs who were the ones who usually started the singing? One of them had a ferociously loud voice, he had black hair and a tache, there were about 5-6 of them. Another one, an older guy with big specs, was the person who first sang We're Coming Down The Road up in Montrose when we were going for promotion (90/91?), as we were literally walking down the road to the stadium from the supporters buses.

Wonder if they still go to the games??

11 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Jonny Blom a classic of the genre. Turned up at Firhill vs Arbroath to see a giant unknown centre forward, he scored on his debut, he played the next game away to Stranraer on the Tuesday, he f**ked off again.

2 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Harking back to 'the old days' a bit more. Does anyone who used to stand in the Shed late 80's early 90's remember the guys from Bishopbriggs who were the ones who usually started the singing? One of them had a ferociously loud voice, he had black hair and a tache, there were about 5-6 of them. Another one, an older guy with big specs, was the person who first sang We're Coming Down The Road up in Montrose when we were going for promotion (90/91?), as we were literally walking down the road to the stadium from the supporters buses.

Wonder if they still go to the games??

Did tacheman usually wear a dark leather bomber type jacket? if so I remember him well.