The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Don’t think attitude would’ve been a problem tbh. If anything he could’ve been good for the dressing room. But it always seemed a bit of a non starter with his wages. For a (at least to begin with) 2nd choice striker we probably couldn’t even justify/afford half of his alleged United wage. 

I dunno, he seems to leave almost every club he’s been at under some kind of cloud having fallen out with somebody. 

Agree with points raised on Tony Watt.

Wages and influence on dressing room ❌

Good player ✅

Not sure if we need another older head in the dressing room at the moment? 

Not sure where he'd play either as we are stoked for #10s at the moment and not sure if he'd be ideal as a lone centre forward in the Graham mould. Anyway, that's just my mewling. 

Somebody a bit younger and with a  bit of pace would be my wants for an addition to the forward line.

I don't really understand what is going on with Adeloye, he's released from Swindon and the season has started, surely if he was going to come to us it would have been done by now. He's going to turn up at Airdrie isn't he. 

14 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I don't really understand what is going on with Adeloye, he's released from Swindon and the season has started, surely if he was going to come to us it would have been done by now. He's going to turn up at Airdrie isn't he. 

I think he will be holding out for a club down south as long as possible, no one in the Championship could match the kind of money he would have been on at Swindon. Reckon if he is coming up here it will be last min.

42 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Is he even fully recovered from his injury?

1 hour ago, jaggymct said:

I think he will be holding out for a club down south as long as possible, no one in the Championship could match the kind of money he would have been on at Swindon. Reckon if he is coming up here it will be last min.

Will be tough for him considering he was loaned out from a fairly poor League 2 Swindon side, I don't know how the national league wages compare to Championship, probably still better I guess. 

34 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Is he even fully recovered from his injury?

A post on Insta in June said "Almost healed" 

1 minute ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Then once healed there is a lengthy rehab time AFAIK?

Yeah could be, I can't even remember the specific injury, we may have concluded why the delay then. Unless he was factoring that in. 

Swindon Town average wage is £1200 per week, last season's highest earner was Charlie Austin on around 3k per week.

Not sure the Swindon wages were as high as it would appear. They were late in paying players at one point last season.

48 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Swindon Town average wage is £1200 per week, last season's highest earner was Charlie Austin on around 3k per week.

What’s your source for any of these apparent Swindon wages?

I have no idea what Swindon pay, because I’m not a Swindon player or member of staff, but I would hazard a guess that when he signed for them, Adeloye was in a decent position on the back of his season for Ayr and could get a good wage - more than we’d likely be offering a back up striker. 

47 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I have no idea what Swindon pay, because I’m not a Swindon player or member of staff, but I would hazard a guess that when he signed for them, Adeloye was in a decent position on the back of his season for Ayr and could get a good wage - more than we’d likely be offering a back up striker. 

The website capology gives this information but to get more specific info you need to be a premium member.

the info on there is provided mostly by agents and the folk who pay for it are mainly media or journalists to use for their content/articles/books but also academic research (which is why I was a member).

Tomis specific salary wasn’t even on there last season, presumably because he as with us - but they only do Scots Prem info So we aren’t on there.

There's a football business author called Kieran Maguire who cites the website often, it's said to be about 90% accurate. Its an interesting deep dive into various things if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by BigMadMental

36 minutes ago, TheThistleLion said:

Kido Taylor-Hart being looked at. English winger who left Arsenal over the summer. 

Did you not advise that ex QPR player Otieh would be signing?  Do you know why he didn’t end up signing?

46 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

is Robinsons ban one or three games do we think?

just wondering if the foul came under violent conduct - In which case it could be the 3 game ban?

It is a two game suspension for violent conduct or serious foul play as far as I’m aware.