The Partick Thistle thread

Erskines coming home! Signed a pre contract! 3 year deal but we're trying to agree a fee to get him now.

good news that'll give us the attacking midfielder we've been lacking so much and also previously said about linking well with dools is bang on

Not going to go full on buzz killington but he really wasn't that great in his loan spell 2 years ago, hopefully the fact he improved markedly last season for United is a better indication of being able to cope at this level.

Reasonably hopeful we'll get him before the window shuts , especially if United get a couple of other players in.

Not going to go full on buzz killington but he really wasn't that great in his loan spell 2 years ago, hopefully the fact he improved markedly last season for United is a better indication of being able to cope at this level.

Reasonably hopeful we'll get him before the window shuts , especially if United get a couple of other players in.

Tbh I only remember him scoring against Hibs (nice goal, too) - think he got 1 other goal but cant remember who it was against.

Him, Lawless and Doolan as a front three would be pretty darn sweet. All naturally left footed too!

Sure I heard in the commentary of Dundee Utd - Celtic that Erskine had won a POTY award at Dundee Utd too so really pleased to see him back.

giphy.gif

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Tbh I only remember him scoring against Hibs (nice goal, too) - think he got 1 other goal but cant remember who it was against.

Him, Lawless and Doolan as a front three would be pretty darn sweet. All naturally left footed too!

Sure I heard in the commentary of Dundee Utd - Celtic that Erskine had won a POTY award at Dundee Utd too so really pleased to see him back.

He was brilliant vs Motherwell away in the game where Higgy was also brilliant but we lost 4-3 after subbing both of them, he was very good in the Hibs 3-1 game, butthere was a lot of pish as well (St Mirren away stands out) to the extent he was dropped towards the end of the season.

BT sport said when he came on tonight he was the DUFC supporters federation POTY for 14/15

Just hope this isn't us spending the Banzo money before it comes.

We've spent nothing yet- he might still do a Richie Brittain...

Usually wake up with a pointless bonk on, but at least I woke up to material to make use of it.

As happy as I am about this news I remain sceptical if he's alot better than our best options at present. He's obviously superior to Amoo and Stevo, but if we're to truly push on we should be looking for players more talented than those who are our best peformers. Maybe I'm just being unfair as we're now a millionaire backed super team.