The Partick Thistle thread

Fox was 23 (?) when he made his debut for us and going by wikipedia he has played a lot less games than Scully.

Surely it's getting to the stage where he's either good enough for us or not. Unless he's costing us goals then I'd be happy to let him settle into it.

Absolutely spot on with your opinion. Either Ryan Scully is good enough for this level or he is not. By all accounts he has done very well with Dunfermline, but there comes a time when he must be starting to think: "Will I ever get a chance here." - and I don't mean play until he makes a mistake and then ship him out on loan to another Championship club. That may have been part of the previous thinking pattern, but with Fox now likely to leave and Gallacher in his role as goalkeeper/ goalie coach, it needs a fresh approach IMO.

Reports are Higgenbotham is coming to Killie.

How do you rate him?

Only seen him a few times and looked decent.

Depends which Higgy decides to show up. The Higgy we all wanted to see was a menace to other teams. He hasn't been out much, as far as I am told.

I'm excited to see more of Mcdaid, Lindsay and Wilson next season. Has Wilson ever been out on loan or has he maybe been ready for a while?

I think Scully should start the first 3-4 games of the season and allow him to get settled in, I know he's had a few nightmares but a performance that sticks in my mind was the Dundee game, he was outstanding, I don't think Fox has ever had a performance as good as that one.

I'd have fox well before I'd have Letheren. Neither of them are particularly great at this level, but I can't remember Fox just costing us a goal where there was no danger in the manner of United's first at the weekend and unfortunately I can remember Letheren doing things like that too often. Fox does have ones where they go in and he should certainly save them, and he's pretty appalling when the ball is low at his near post but I can't remember him just switching off and missing the ball coming out to collect it or something.

Ultimately though, he'd be an utterly pointless signing for us given we've got Ryan Scully, who's going to be our number 1 at some point presumably and will need to be in the next year or so or I can't see him staying, and Paul Gallacher, who's better than Letheren is as well.

Admittedly I am basing my opinion largely on when Fox was at us which is slightly unfair considering how long ago it was.

It really can't be understated just how good a shot stopper Letheren is. As much as that's an old cliche and all goalkeepers should be that - his reflexes are truly a class above the average keeper. He bails himself out a lot with that.

His howler against United is typified by his fear of leaving his line. Once he's left it, expect the unexpected because his head seems to go to mush when he does.

That seems really early for a pre-season game (awaits countless examples of why it's not). I'd imagine the line up to be:

1. Trialist.

2. Trialist.

3. Trialist.

4. Seaborne.

5. Trialist.

6. Trialist.

7. Trialist.

8. Trialist.

9. Trialist.

10. Stevenson.

11. Trialist.

Whoever gets Higgy will get someone who tries really hard, but has a really inconsistent end product.

So a typical winger then (Except for the tries really hard bit)?

We have East Stirlingshire to add to our exciting pre-season schedule on the 4th of July.

http://www.eaststirlingshirefc.com/2015/05/28/pre-season-friendlies-3/?

With no offence to East Stirling, I imagine that it'll almost certainly be a "Partick Thistle XI" for that fixture. Don't give up on the dream yet.

The East Stirling game is a Development Squad friendly. Might be one or two first teamers but the bulk of it will be made up by the Under 20s.