The Partick Thistle thread

Did Lyle give any hints about his next season whereabouts last night?

Not heard anything yet. I think part of Archies budget will be set aside for getting him on a permanent basis though.

He should be a good signing for Hibs.

He was very good last season but unfortunately he didn't get anywhere near that level this season.

If he's playing well he should rip the shit out the Championship.

Rumors tonight is Kallum is signing for us

He could add the penetration that you've lacked at times this season.

He seems to run funny this season following his injuries?

A decent signing overall by Archie

7.5/10

Did Lyle give any hints about his next season whereabouts last night?

"I'd love to come back. Ask Maxi what's happening". Motherwell interested too apparently.

Rumors tonight is Kallum is signing for us

The rumour for the past 6 months is that he's off to Hearts.

As long as we keep Lawless I don't really care where Higginbotham ends up.

The 3 month or so excellent spell last season from him turned out to be the exception rather than the rule.

This.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-fox-need-leave-partick-5758200

It mirrors Tuffey needing to leave for the sake of his international career and making a c**t of it. With Fox being average at best I wish him all the luck if he really thinks he's capable of playing at a higher level but I don't really see how him moving to another Premier League team to do the exact same as he's doing for us will somehow force his way into Strachan's plans.

He's 3 years younger than Marshall and 5 years younger than Gordon and McGregor, by the time they are all looking to retire from international football as he's never going to be better than any of them Strachan will want to be looking at the younger keepers like Bain.

His recent clean sheet records have gone to his head. I hope he does well as he's been a good servant the past few years, but he's shown that he's reached his level. Gallacher will get a re-call before Fox does, he had his chance last year and blew it.

Ta ta, Scott. We've spent two seasons in Scotland's top division in spite of you not because of you, you deluded pr*ck.

Edited by Nizzy

Ta ta, Scott. We've spent two seasons in Scotland's top division in spite of you not because of you, you deluded pr*ck.

What DID he say/ do at the player of the year do?

What DID he say/ do at the player of the year do?

He came up, accepted his award and said "Its been a pleasure" before slamming the mic down and returning to his table with the rest of the squad.

Lyle [rightly] told him he was out of order for acting the way he did.

He came up, accepted his award and said "Its been a pleasure" before slamming the mic down and returning to his table with the rest of the squad.

Lyle [rightly] told him he was out of order for acting the way he did.

Poor show. I thought he had a good season but he is showing a lack of class. He has a bit in the ET saying he'll miss Firhill.

Ross County, Tannadice or England listed as possible destinations but according to Fox nothing set up yet but he's putting his agent on the case.

Harsh, but accurate given that Galls has had to dig the team out of a couple of hole dug by Scott.

That said, Scott has had more than his fair share of brilliant moments. I hope whoever coaches him this summer spends that time lobbing balls from 30 yards out into a crowded box - therein lies Scott's weakness.

Scott is a poster boy for Alan Archibald's Thistle, a smashing footballer who underperformed so dramatically you'd thought he'd lost it completely. That's my tuppence worth anyway.