The Partick Thistle thread

Meh the only real concern is the lack of Welsh in the list of those released.

Archie's ruthless decisions in the past such as Craig, Dowie and Mair have been largely justified and turned out for the best.

it might be that craigen has been released because he made it clear he was going to hibs

Meh the only real concern is the lack of Welsh in the list of those released.

Archie's ruthless decisions in the past such as Craig, Dowie and Mair have been largely justified and turned out for the best.

This. The list is shorter than expected. That suggests that the manager has offered deals to the other players, including Welsh and those in the development squad, who are out of contract.

Surprised but not heavily disappointed to see Craigen on the list. Bit like Balatoni he came onto a game last 1/3 of this season but wouldn't want him as more than back up at this level and can't cover the same number of positions as Elliott.

The Hibs pre-contract rumour might be true, and known internally for ages hence no deal ever offered but if so why no Higgy, Fox etc on that list if they've also intimated they're off? I'm hoping it means we have a replacement already coming in (not Welsh). Craigen seems reasonably intelligent for a footballer (faint praise etc) so I think he'll have something agreed elsewhere.

BRE was a low-risk gamble who never quite made it, and the others are just youths that didn't make the grade. Surprised Welsh hasn't been taken out and shot though.

it might be that craigen has been released because he made it clear he was going to hibs

Fox, O'Donnell, BRE, Craigen, Higginbotham and Lawless are all free agents after Saturday and don't need to be "released". Craigen's and BRE's inclusion on the list just confirms that they have not been offered deals. They won't be in the squad on Saturday and can leave a few days early.

Kinda disappointed about Craigen tbh. He wasn't fantastic but he gave his all.

If we release Craigen and keep Welsh I'll be pissed.

Presumably you are using the American version of 'pissed', otherwise it sounds like you'll be celebrating.

Or is the correct usage for that, 'pished'? :blink:

Surprised but not heavily disappointed to see Craigen on the list. Bit like Balatoni he came onto a game last 1/3 of this season but wouldn't want him as more than back up at this level and can't cover the same number of positions as Elliott.

The Hibs pre-contract rumour might be true, and known internally for ages hence no deal ever offered but if so why no Higgy, Fox etc on that list if they've also intimated they're off? I'm hoping it means we have a replacement already coming in (not Welsh). Craigen seems reasonably intelligent for a footballer (faint praise etc) so I think he'll have something agreed elsewhere.

BRE was a low-risk gamble who never quite made it, and the others are just youths that didn't make the grade. Surprised Welsh hasn't been taken out and shot though.

Welsh. I'd like him to stay if he gets new legs.

After watching him last night - no thanks. He was woeful.

I thought he was one of the few positives in the Hibs team, rarely lost possession and spread the ball around well + really good delivery from corners whilst being pelted with paper etc. Would take him over Fraser, Fraser's performances as of late merit being branded woeful.

Edited by cilitbang

Fox, O'Donnell, BRE, Craigen, Higginbotham and Lawless are all free agents after Saturday and don't need to be "released". Craigen's and BRE's inclusion on the list just confirms that they have not been offered deals. They won't be in the squad on Saturday and can leave a few days early.

Awright Columbo.

Definitely disappointed in Craigen being released, especially if Welsh is staying on. Agree with previous comments along same lines. Craigen may lack that extra quality of one or two players we have but he's a top quality professional who worked his arse off for us the last three years. I wish him the very best.

Plus that goal V Morton will never be forgotten! :-)