The Partick Thistle thread

Anier must have knocked us back a few times now although we did the same to his brother so swings and roundabouts.

Not sure I'd be in for Higgy, he's had 2.5 out of 3 underwhelming seasons at this level, maybe more if you include his motherwell loan spell. Of course we know what he can do but that 2014 spell is looking more like the exception than the rule.

No chance of slater or Magennis, if killie let guys go if they go down it'll be folk like Obadeyi, who doesn't even score against us any more.

Alston would be the only one of Falkirk younger players available on a free and unless we're guaranteeing him games then I guess he'll go elsewhere. Think we know what their older players can do...

Haven't seen enough of Hibs to judge who they would let go and have the same potential do come in like booth and cerny. Always thought el alagui was OK but he seems to be absolutely gubbed by injury. Maybe Carmichael?

I did mention like 3-4 CMs before Paton :P !

I used to think Conolly at Killie was good but anytime I've seen him at firhill he's just been a hoof merchant.

I just hope we find someone to play beside Osman that he doesn't have to carry 1/2 the time and cover for Booth that isn't sacrificing Muzzy out of position.

Looking like Osman, Booth, Cerny, Miller, Dumbuya, might all be out for tommorows game, on top of Fraser and Bannigan. A midfield pairing of Welsh and Wilson is nightmare stuff.

Probably still better than a full back combo of Welsh and elliot :wacko:

Erskine has effectively left (although still under contract) and won't be playing any of Uniteds last games. Apparently training with us this week. Seen someone on facebook mentioning that Muirhead has been with some of the players in the gym, although that could mean nothing.

Erskine has effectively left (although still under contract) and won't be playing any of Uniteds last games. Apparently training with us this week. Seen someone on facebook mentioning that Muirhead has been with some of the players in the gym, although that could mean nothing.

its also mentioned on Facebook that Muirhead is off to hearts

Could be wrong on this one, but seeing as we've been splashing on long term contracts maybe we'll see slightly more ambitious transfer targets. A man can hope.

Hmm ... Can anyone name the other non-Scottish captains the club has had over the past few years?