The Partick Thistle thread

55 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

See you have Davie Crawford on trial-hope he can recreate this for you lads

Deserves a short term deal for that alone :lol:

He looked decent yesterday behind a novice defence. Devine seems decent on the ball and was unlucky with the penalty award although he could have had one awarded against him for handball in the first half.

Kelly seems to be decent as well although I'd probably rather we signed a more physical centre half to play alongside Devine.

Wilson and Welsh did pretty well and we had some decent forward play.

Second half was a bit disjointed with all the subs.

Morton seem to be further behind in their preparations than us.  Sorely lacking a centre forward and the locals seem to think they could be relegation candidates.

Their #12 needs to lose a few pounds. Was that Scullion?

Anyway decent we day out overall.

Dumbuya's injury which he got before pre-season was an injury that I've known can happen to people just walking down the street. It's a bad injury and the only good thing is that he sustained it in June rather than two days after the transfer window shut. He could have been in pre-season training for 2 days and done the same injury.

I know a lad that did it in Campus throwing some shapes

Criticising the club and players for injuries is taking stupidity to a whole new level.

Some maniac in front of me yesterday seriously suggested we should release Dumbaya immediately because he's injured. :lol:

Pleased with that. Plenty of positives. He can play a number of positions, he has proved he's good enough for this division and he's still very young so there's scope for selling him on for a fee if he continues to improve.

The squad is starting to shape up nicely.

Great news. Had a feeling we'd sign him. We were desperate for a right-back and he's proven at this level; can't see this being a bad signing. 

One central defender and we're done. (Edit - Unless we need a new goalkeeper for Saturday...).

Edited by Slacker