The Partick Thistle thread

In Archie's video interview after the Morton game he said that Syme at RB was a bit of a square peg in a round hole, so while he's obviously young enough to learn a new role I think Gordon will be our first choice RB until Dumbuya is fit and then might move into the centre or move Dumbuya forward.

Also said that Lindsay and Edwards would be back in training today.

Delighted with the signing of Gordon; versatile and a proven performer at this level.

I wouldn't disagree with Accies fans' asserting that it's a sideways move, though - just like I'd have said likewise had Osman, Lawless or Bannigan moved to any of the clubs they were linked with.

I suspect Gordon has found himself in a similar situation as some of our boys have in recent years in that he's perhaps not been quite as sought after as he thought he might have been. Once teams start to finalise their squads - and obviously there's a little more pressure to do that earlier this year with the reformatted League Cup - it can be difficult to get a decent gig.

Great news for us though. Would be very content with a defence of Gordon, Booth, Lindsay and Devine.

That's a fantastic signing, I think - I mind being very impressed with him when he played in the Championship/First Division against us in particular.

He's a Thistle fan, according to Football Manager - I take that with a pinch of salt, of course, but I do wonder whether there's a wee soft spot for us if nothing else which helped him make his decision.

Think he's from somewhere in the West End.

Great signing. Was expecting us to sign some wean on-loan til January.

Think that might be us done for signings unless we have to sign a keeper for the cup games. Would still like another centre-half but I doubt we will.