The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Gordon and Devine seem able to play on either side. Also Lindsay played right side most if not all of last season anyway.

I hope you mean either side as in left centre back or right centre back!? Devine had an outing or two for us at right back. I think this gif sums it up nicely:

jayzd.gif

Keep him at CB. He'll do fine. Certainly some impressive squad retention / building by Partick.

52 minutes ago, RiG said:

I hope you mean either side as in left centre back or right centre back!? Devine had an outing or two for us at right back. I think this gif sums it up nicely:

jayzd.gif

Keep him at CB. He'll do fine. Certainly some impressive squad retention / building by Partick.

Yup,  centre back. 

Ziggy is from Jordanhill. My brother played football at school with him. Never said he was a Jags fan apparently, but he was vocally anti-OF so he's a good c**t in my book.

Edited by Nightmare

I wouldn't be too averse to Ryan playing in the league cup games,  if fit for selection.

He was apparently okay for the Pars in the seaside league. So I'd rather he got going against lower league teams. Might even boost his confidence? 

Edited by jagfox99

Yep, I'd be for that. The boy must have something to continually get new deals but he looks absolutely crippled by nerves when he plays for us. It's all a bit weird considering howuch first team experience he got at the pars.

On the whole, I quite like the cut of Ziggy's jib - but I do think he's being a tad liberal with his intentions for the more precious elements of our support. Personally speaking, I'm fully accepting of the fact that players will use us as a platform to better themselves; but I know that enlightenment doesn't extend to everyone down Firhill way especially the collection of fandans who surround me.

On the whole, I quite like the cut of Ziggy's jib - but I do think he's being a tad liberal with his intentions for the more precious elements of our support. Personally speaking, I'm fully accepting of the fact that players will use us as a platform to better themselves; but I know that enlightenment doesn't extend to everyone down Firhill way especially the collection of fandans who surround me.

Yeah wouldn't really bother me if he's player of the year next season and leaves to get the move he thinks his ability deserves