The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm starting to feel the same way I did a few weeks before Ian McCall left the club, where we were getting shagged by part-time teams in the 1st division. Not good.

Also, the club can suck ma nut if they think I'm paying another £25 to watch the same shit in our next home game - if they do some kind of deal for people who've purchased tickets for today's shafting for the next game against Celtic then I might go seeing as I'm a glutton for punishment, but full price for two home games in a row against the same team that just put 4 past us is too much, particularly at this time of the year.

Hopefully we can Ross County our way out of this mess. :unsure:

We're at Celtic Park after Tynecastle.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Neither of our next 2 games are at home.

D'oh!

Checked again, was somehow reading a straightforward image wrong, cheers.

edit: christ, that could end up being an absolute hammering x3 after today's result. Not sure how Cathro will settle in at first with Hearts, although I'm clutching a bit.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Walked by the star and garter on the way back to the motor and this was a good few minutes before full-tme, but already there was an iraoke going on inside.

Maryhill isn't wonderful, it's a shitehole. Feel sorry for the small pocket of Thistle fans who actually live there. The Star used to be an alright boozer as well, it was what it was, spit and sawdust, but it feels to me like whenever I go in a might be poisoned by a dodgy pint, lose my shoe as it gets stuck to the floor and it just caters to the scum crowd like the rest of the pubs in the area like the Royalty and so on.

Maryhill's a shitehole, I'm glad I am home (8)

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

Walked by the star and garter on the way back to the motor and this was a good few minutes before full-tme, but already there was an iraoke going on inside.

Maryhill isn't wonderful, it's a shitehole. Feel sorry for the small pocket of Thistle fans who actually live there. The Star used to be an alright boozer as well, it was what it was, spit and sawdust, but it feels to me like whenever I go in a might be poisoned by a dodgy pint, lose my shoe as it gets stuck to the floor and it just caters to the scum crowd like the rest of the pubs in the area like the Royalty and so on.

There was a rammy outside it before kickoff when I was walking past. The two main instigators were in green and white scarves. Shock horror.

8 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Your a fud

F off

With 12,000 paying OF customers over recent weeks hopefully Archibald has some funds to augment the squad in January. Maybe one or two additions. Experienced defender and a striker?

With the amount of games we come away from saying/thinking "if <insert name> took that chance then we would have gotten the win or salvaged a draw" I would be happy to spend the rest of whatever budget is left on someone clinical. If we shore up the defence we will still squander chances and not kill teams off so I'd personally take the gamble.

Edited by cilitbang

Liam Lindsay got absolutely murdered off Griffiths last night, and of top of his goal-costing mistake last week his confidence looks shot to pieces just now. He absolutely needs to be dropped, but it's just not a luxury available to us as long as our defensive options are so thin. We got by last season with even flimsier forward options than we have now, so the centre half position is our absolute priority.

Given we've just milked 12,000 of life's losers, and with Devine seemingly being kept out of the team at all costs right now, I like to think we'll have strengthened there in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

With the amount of games we come away from saying/thinking "if <insert name> took that chance then we would have gotten the win or salvaged a draw" I would be happy to spend the rest of whatever budget is left on someone clinical. If we shore up the defence we will still squander chances and not kill teams off so I'd personally take the gamble.

I'm not sure anyone has fired up this season's last minute goals to points lost calculator.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I'd still rather we signed a competent CB than anything else, right now.

Letting Gary Miller leave just seems more and more insane as the weeks pass. 

I'm sure he was happy to stay but we couldn't guarantee him a start every week. Happy to be corrected on that.

Just now, Hammer Jag said:

Letting Gary Miller leave just seems more and more insane as the weeks pass. 

I'm sure he was happy to stay but we couldn't guarantee him a start every week. Happy to be corrected on that.

Seems like he got told he'd be backup to Dumbuya, and Plymouth were offering him first team football, aye. Probably decent money as well, so I'm sure it was an easy choice.

Ironically with our RB and CB injury/liability issues he'd have started just about every week this season.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Dundee v County, Caley v Accies and Well v Killie all finish in draws, meaning we're still only 4 points from 6th. This league.:1eye

Pretty good results for us despite dropping back to the foot of the table.