The Partick Thistle thread

He's 21, physically well built, has plenty of scope to improve on an already impressive talent, and probably has one of the best goalscoring records for a player of his position in Europe. Not to mention he's contracted, is our only recognised centre half besides Calamity Dan, and that we're looking at a possible bidding contest between some very wealthy clubs. The only figure I'd see as being good enough to force us into selling in the coming window would be upwards of £1m.

I agree. with 2.5 years left on contract and the fact that there are no really stellar young center backs breaking through in the U.K. at present the ones that are like Lindsay should be worth around the 750-1m mark. I'd not let anyone touch him for less than that.

Also what annoys me is not only is he not been capped at U21 level not one pundit or commentator mentioned him in any TV or radio program. It's actually stunning a 53 appearance 21 year old center half with 6 goals this season isn't getting some conversation or expo. But that's typical of the wankers on the BBC, Sky and BT sport who have only blue or green eyes.

Well the club controls what happens here. There is no reason Liam should be thinking Leeds is the only offer he'll get in the next 2 years. If he keeps playing and helps us into top 6, at least stay up for a 5th season his stock will rise farther and he'll get a solid move and lots of experience with his boyhood club. He doesn't have to rush into anything and neither does the club. But £750k-1m seems fair to me in the current climate. I mean Southampton are about to sell Virgil for £55m [emoji85]. The world has gone mad.

I agree. with 2.5 years left on contract and the fact that there are no really stellar young center backs breaking through in the U.K. at present the ones that are like Lindsay should be worth around the 750-1m mark. I'd not let anyone touch him for less than that.

Also what annoys me is not only is he not been capped at U21 level not one pundit or commentator mentioned him in any TV or radio program. It's actually stunning a 53 appearance 21 year old center half with 6 goals this season isn't getting some conversation or expo. But that's typical of the wankers on the BBC, Sky and BT sport who have only blue or green eyes.

I agree with you but sportscene did actually highlight him on the most recent edition. Even chatted about Scotland caps in the future!

Our upturn seems to be due to a lot of factors coming together in our favour. Cerny's return has settled the defence, we've cut out a lot of silly errors. He's not even had that many saves to make. 

Doolan has been in amongst the goals again, and in midfield Welsh and Edwards have really stepped up.

The team seem to have shaken off any niggling injury issues that affected players at the start of the season (Erskine has a hip issue) and we're closing games out. 

The best thing to see now, is rather than three or four players having off days, we're maybe seeing one or two in recent days. We are only as good as our weakest link.

Good luck to Kris on his 300th appearance for Partick Thistle today.

2FAF1461-ED96-450A-B817-137611CCEB46-441-0000012DFBFC54A8_tmp.png

Our upturn seems to be due to a lot of factors coming together in our favour. Cerny's return has settled the defence, we've cut out a lot of silly errors. He's not even had that many saves to make. 
Doolan has been in amongst the goals again, and in midfield Welsh and Edwards have really stepped up.
The team seem to have shaken off any niggling injury issues that affected players at the start of the season (Erskine has a hip issue) and we're closing games out. 
The best thing to see now, is rather than three or four players having off days, we're maybe seeing one or two in recent days. We are only as good as our weakest link.
Good luck to Kris on his 300th appearance for Partick Thistle today.
2FAF1461-ED96-450A-B817-137611CCEB46-441-0000012DFBFC54A8_tmp.png

I see once again the great man's name is missing from the new year's honours list. Exactly what does he have to do?

I agree with you but sportscene did actually highlight him on the most recent edition. Even chatted about Scotland caps in the future!

Fair point. And good to see. Didn't see that sport scene edition as don't live in the motherland. Certainly the likes of Sportsound don't give Thistle any real discussion so Lindsay is mostly neglected in the mentioning of his development and future. McIntyre, English and Spiers only want to argue about how much smarter they are than everyone.

I do think he is coming on and getting better with every game but I get the point that he is prone to
mistakes. He's young and will hopefully learn.

14 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Mark Ridgers signing when the window opens.

Which means Stuckmann's not having his contract extended but Scully is likely to be out until late February at the earliest. *shrug*

Please don't go all chocolate legs on us Tam.