The Partick Thistle thread

Booth picked up a booking against Killie - I'd heard he was on 4 bookings prior to that match, but Soccerway is only showing him as having picked up three league bookings before Saturday. Anyone know the script with that, and whether he'll be suspended for the ICT game when the break is over?
If he is, we'll have Osman, Devine and Booth all missing for the that game, which is pretty tough going:
Gordon, Barton, Lindsay, Elliott as the back 4 (unless Dumbuya has any chance of making it), Welsh and Edwards central midfield? We don't seem to have many other options, really.

I'm fairly sure that Booth isn't suspended. I've heard that Dumbuya has a decent chance of being back by the end of the break but as mentioned above it could depend on how he does during the Spain trip and the Lokeren game.
The team will probably be something close to this (barring yet to happen injuries):
Cerny
Gordon/Dumbuya Barton Lindsay Booth
Welsh Edwards
Amoo Erskine Lawless
Doolan

Looked at statbunker and soccerbase, neither of which are infallible but the official site is a nightmare to get info off of now by breaking down everything into month by month.

Both sites have Osman on 7 league bookings though one was a double yellow vs Killie so does that count as 6?

Both sites also only have Devine on 5 league bookings so I'm guessing there's one that hasn't been picked up.

Both sites have Calum Booth on 4.

Ziggy Gordon is on 5 , if anyone cares.

The second yellow from a red doesn't count in totting up, so Osman effectively picked up his sixth yellow on 28/12/16, which means a one-match suspension kicks in 14 days from that.  You'll have the cup tie first but I guess it'll be the next league game he misses.

Edited by bunglebonce

50 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Devine should be available, then, and Booth definitely will. I thought 5 bookings was the suspension threshold. :unsure2:

^^^ EPL fanboy found

it's 6 in Scotland but there's no amnesty, whereas in England it's 5 yellows for a one match ban up until the 19th game (maybe 31st Dec actually) and then if you hit 5 after that you don't get a one match ban. You then don't get banned until the 10th yellow.

<<< EPL fanboy also found

9 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Did the club not send any?

Second hand shirts are okay, socks aren't, apparently. 

Maybe we should set up a socks for Ghana fund? :angel

archie stating in the paper this morning he's got transfer targets for the window, a striker and somebody for our back line, im glad he is noticing what everyone else see's go on archie and shaggy [emoji5]

does anybody know names of possible targets

There were apparently Sunderland scouts at the Wednesday night game between Christmas and New Year, sitting just in front of where I usually sit.  First name that sprung to mind that might interest them is Lindsay, but even then wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Saw us linked with Miles Storey, who apparently wants first team football.

No idea if that's just paper shite, or there's any genuine substance behind it.

Storey was a player who crossed my mind as someone who we might look at as was the boy O'Connell at Celtic. 

Assumed Storey would head back to Inverness on loan, especially if Tansey was going the other way, but don't know if relations between those two clubs have disintegrated with recent transfer business. I'd take him. 

Expecting 2 guys from England I've never heard of, one on loan, one on a free. Both on deadline day.