The Partick Thistle thread

Archibald's post-game jagzone interview said we have offers in for 2 players, and it's up to the parent clubs which obviously suggests loan, then he seemed to remember a 3rd and say we might end up with 2, so that's really straightforward.

Think we could do with another forward to let us play 3-5-2 without shoehorning Erskine or Amoo up front when Doolan / Azeez tire, presume if Erwin is a target then Archie is thinking along same lines. If we get one it probably leaves Nisbet out in Siberia for the rest of the season unless we can punt him on loan to league 1 after a bit of a flop in the Championship.

12 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter last night was saying we were looking to get two players in soon, striker and an attacking mid. Heard nothing since though, even one attacking player would be ideal, one that scores loads of goals would be lovely. 

Has since said we were looking at Billy Knott but won't be going ahead with it now.

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I'm sure Ayr fans mentioned that he pretended to be injured so he could be subbed off, and McCall was raging about it. Which would be justified if it's true.

McCall is a roaster.  He was hurt.  

Not a surprise about McDaid, don't think he set the heather on fire at Cowden last year either but he's obviously still young so plenty of time for him to make a fist of it.

I know most of these guys would have been on peanuts / not near the first team but in terms of outfield players that’s Penrice, Syme, McMullin, Wilson, Docherty, Gordon, and McDaid all away in January with only Keown coming in. Streamlined.

Edited by Fuctifano

McDaid never struck me as anything other than average in his first team showings apart from a pre-season friendly at Falkirk where he was the best player on the park. Like Div Wilson though, I feel he's been a bit of a victim of our squad size - he could have done with another loan deal in addition to Cowdenbeath to develop. Expected to sign on at Ayr so will be interested to see how performs.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He put in a decent cross for a Christie Elliott goal against St Mirren a few seasons ago I think, but I can't actually think of a positive contribution he's made other than that so absolutely no great loss. Shame, as I mind being quite excited when he signed.

That's funny as that's the only positive thing I can remember as well, also pretty sure it was a handball he got away with immediately before the cross. Would have been an absolute miserable day in Paisley had it not been for that win.