The Partick Thistle thread

I don't think we need to do any business to be honest, but another winger/striker would've been nice.

Does anyone know what's actually wrong with Gary Fraser and when he's likely to come back?

Edited by Slacker

I don't think we need to do any business to be honest, but another winger/striker would've been nice.
Does anyone know what's actually wrong with Gary Fraser and when he's likely to come back?

Only Gary Fraser knows what's "wrong" with Gary Fraser[emoji12]

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

He did the HT draw at the Formartine game but didn't do an interview, the PA guy said hopefully back in a couple of months or something similarly vague.

Guessing that given he's effectively been out for 10 months -I'm aware he played 1 dev squad game- and his injury from what I heard (third hand admittedly) is a re-occurring one with his kneecap I think we might have seen the last of him at Firhill, though I suppose he might get a similar deal to Welsh at the start of last season to prove his fitness.

Edited by Fuctifano

Crawley man Jason Banton joins on loan for the rest of the season. Described by Crawley as a midfielder but described on Wikipedia as a winger/forward so seems versatile which is good. Only comment I've seen so far from Crawley fans was a person asking why they let him go as he's one of their better player which is positive. Hasn't got a great goal scoring record, though, but again I don't know what position he's been playing predominantly. Saw him described as unplayable when he's on form which would help in thought matches. Time will tell.

Don't honestly know what to expect. My initial reaction was disappointment that we are signing a guy who can't get into an English League 2 team, but on reflection, having watched a bit of League 2 live and on the telly, most games just cut out the attacking midfield and boot the ball back and forth. Maybe this is a chance for him to fit into our style of play. We'll see. The YouTube clip above doesn't suggest he's a Lionel Ainsworth type winger though.