The Partick Thistle thread

Nice touch from Kris. He actually made a silk purse out of a sow's ear with that goal-in-all-but-name.

I'm sure the official explanation from the referees will be equally thrilling.

Probably apocryphal, but I read on another forum that a guy's mate is the linesman's brother (I know, I know, the linesman's dad's brother's cousin's dead dug and all that).  Apparently the guy knows he made a complete f**k-up, but believes the referee completely stitched him up.  He was honest and said he didn't know if it was a goal or not, and even though the referee thought it was, he sided with his assistant.  

I still demand some kind of blood sacrifice though.

1 hour ago, professor challenger said:

Don't think we'll ever hear an explanation.      What can they say?

Just hope the powers that be call the ref and linesman into Hampden for a wee chat about their future.

“Sorry, we fucked that one up”?

Probably apocryphal, but I read on another forum that a guy's mate is the linesman's brother (I know, I know, the linesman's dad's brother's cousin's dead dug and all that).  Apparently the guy knows he made a complete f**k-up, but believes the referee completely stitched him up.  He was honest and said he didn't know if it was a goal or not, and even though the referee thought it was, he sided with his assistant.  
That might well be accurate but it's not the referee stitching up his assistant. It was the assistant that didn't think the ball that went in. It was the assistant that stuck his flag up for a throw. It was the assistant that told the referee he didn't think the ball crossed the line. The referee is partially to blame for listening to the halfwit running the line when all evidence should have told him it was a goal but if said halfwit thinks he's been stitched up then in reality all he is doing is trying to share the blame for what was ultimately mostly his f**k up.

10 hours ago, John MacLean said:
11 hours ago, forameus said:

That might well be accurate but it's not the referee stitching up his assistant. It was the assistant that didn't think the ball that went in. It was the assistant that stuck his flag up for a throw. It was the assistant that told the referee he didn't think the ball crossed the line. The referee is partially to blame for listening to the halfwit running the line when all evidence should have told him it was a goal but if said halfwit thinks he's been stitched up then in reality all he is doing is trying to share the blame for what was ultimately mostly his f**k up.

Only going by what was said by someone probably talking shite.  I completely agree, although I have a tiny bit of sympathy if he genuinely didn't see it and didn't want to award a goal for something he wasn't sure of.  Would've thought the referee's decision was final in that sort of case which is maybe where the resentment comes in.

5 hours ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Thank you. I do try. How many people do do you think thought I was serious?

I have noooo idea. I was pretty certain you wasn't. :)

Wasn’t at the game today, has an Archibald side ever looked that interested in any form of cup game though? Embarrassing, yes, but we should be far more interested in our league form in the coming months.

The time for him to go was Christmas last year, he saved his skin with a couple of good results at that time and the gamble was taken to keep him on. He also could have gone after the play-off.

There’s a real managerial carousel happening in Scottish football currently which it may be best not to be caught up in. 

If we aren’t challenging near the top of the league at Christmas this year he should be gone. He doesn’t seem to get the best out of players.