The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Robbie Neilson anyone? He is currently living in the West End. Previously said that he was a friend of Archie and would not be interested in the Thistle job while Archie was still in place.

Yes please. Make it so Mr Weir. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cheers for the memories Archie. Well, not the shite ones from the last 18 months, but the decent ones before that. Still absolutely the right decision though, even if it was made far later than it should have been.

We'll end up with an absolute joke of an appointment. The only candidate around Scottish football that I'd be excited about is Robbie Neilson, and I'm absolutely certain we wouldn't get him. John Hughes, Alan Stubbs, Jim Duffy etc all fill me with absolute dread. 

I don’t think want either of them, but Hughes and Stubbs probably have comparable managerial records to Archibald.

Can’t see Archibald getting any other managerial gigs in all honesty.

Mildly surprised that we've outright sacked him rather than some kind of mutual consent agreement. Right decision made far too late.

A real shame that he couldn't arrest the decline of the club. Hope he gets back on his feet promptly but the overriding concern I have is making a better fist of this season.

They'll need to give whoever comes in a bit of money straight away to find a right back from somewhere too.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Our recent history of appointing former Thistle players leads me to one me.

Hide contents

danny_lennon_nov17.jpg

Meh. 

Maybe the Erskine/ Doolan duo won’t be far off the mark. It’s not like appointing joint managerial teams hasn’t worked in the past...

31 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Could do a lot worse than Ian McCall

Couldn’t argue if we got jobby back on board. Maybe too much water under the bridge and things were pretty meh by the time McNamara took over. That could be partly due to his off field issues which seem to be well behind them. He did state he wouldn’t replace Archibald which would make things a no goer, unfortunately.

Sounds like Partick fans are in a similar position that we were a year or so ago. We lost 2-0 at home to County in McCullochs last game and there wasn’t really any anger that day, just apathy.

Things can change quickly but it sounds like your board need to make a decision now.

Sounds like Partick fans are in a similar position that we were a year or so ago. We lost 2-0 at home to County in McCullochs last game and there wasn’t really any anger that day, just apathy.

Things can change quickly but it sounds like your board need to make a decision now.

Didn’t realise you had sacked him prior to posting this.

Why? A Levein puppet, who when sent out to the big wide world of football management, crashed and burned. Why is he so highly rated?
Lots of successful scottish managers haven't survived in England's lower leagues, for example, Derek McInnes. And Levein himself failed miserably in England after winning precisely nothing in Scotland besides a Fife cup and has had a more than decent career

1 minute ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Any chance they can take some of their “quality” players with them?

Maybe give the new manager the chance to make that decision? 

We’ll take Clarke then. Thanks.

Why? A Levein puppet, who when sent out to the big wide world of football management, crashed and burned. Why is he so highly rated?

Agree with this. Don’t think he’d be as bad as the likes of Hughes or Hartley but he performed terribly without Levein holding his hand.