The Partick Thistle thread

On 1/27/2019 at 19:20, Fuctifano said:

I've had in my head since we went into freefall this season that we'd need the traditional benchmark of 40 points to stay up. Had a look at this league since it went to 3 points for a win, which gives us 24 seasons to work with- albeit 9th was automatically down for about half of those seasons. Only adjustment I made was reversing Dunfermline's points deduction in 2012-13. Dundee's deduction didn't affect either the winning or bottom totals.

Only 3 times out of 24 has 40 points not been enough to get 8th or better, but they've all come in seasons where the winning total was low. As it stands Ross County are on course for 69 points on a PPG basis but with them, Ayr, and Dundee United taking turns to fall over it could well be a very low total that wins the league this year.

We were 9th in the 1998 and 2005 entries on this list.

image.png.d88f92700b78fa110aed78e2da27df28.png

13 games and 18 points to go....

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Ando :wub:

_105457421_partick.jpg.ba11db0dec7a261be044229687ab7ebd.jpg

Love that man :wub: 

Terrified he'll end up signing for you lot at the end of the season, but I'd be happy too as it means he'd be playing games instead of rotting on a bench.

So fellow jags, what result do we think suits us best in the Falkirk v alloa match next week? I'm kinda tempted to think a Falkirk victory as although it'll put us bottom if we can then beat alloa the following week we should be in 8th with Falkirk away at county on the 16th

So fellow jags, what result do we think suits us best in the Falkirk v alloa match next week? I'm kinda tempted to think a Falkirk victory as although it'll put us bottom if we can then beat alloa the following week we should be in 8th with Falkirk away at county on the 16th
An utterly soul-destroying and confidence-sapping 0-0 draw with a couple of injuries and a sending off each and both sets of fans turning against their teams midway through the second half please.

The caterers to run out of pies before half-time too.

I don't really mind as I think that we, along with the Bairns, will be looking up the table from now on anyway. I think that Dunfermline, Alloa and Morton will be the sides we have to watch from now on. I'll take a Falkirk win. 

54 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Did they bring the game forward? Both teams to lose.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Love that man :wub: 

Terrified he'll end up signing for you lot at the end of the season, but I'd be happy too as it means he'd be playing games instead of rotting on a bench.

Exactly, I've similar thoughts with Erskine leaving. If he can get games elsewhere why have him clicking his heels on the sidelines when he knows he's not part of the managers plans.

Edited by jagfox99

13 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Falkirk to win 3-0 by illegally playing half of the Morton squad. Later be to deducted 10 points for having previous form in this type of activity.

Check out @Record_Sport’s Tweet:

He also said we wouldn't be in relegation zone if he was still there.
Actually we would still be in the Premiership if we’d had sacked him in 2017.

Anyone who thinks Brice is a footballer is clearly a no-righter and should be treated as such.

We've lost to them already this season and they appear to be a good cup side, especially at home.
That said 3/1 is a tremendous price which I'll be battering before coming on here half cut on Saturday to abuse Caldwell when he costs me a fortune.

And beat Morton in the last round

1 hour ago, Sankasouthy said:

Can’t believe the price of Partick at East Fife on Saturday, 3/1 with Skybet! I’ll have a wee bit o that.
Is there something I don’t know emoji848.png

They’ve beaten three Championship clubs already at home this season in the Cups. Including us.

Odds are still way off and will never last, though.