Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Just now, JamieStevenson said:
1 minute ago, IainMorton said:
Yeah on the live at Cottier Theatre DVD. Way back before Still Game and CTF was popular and they were just starting out.

Bit sad they've had to use that stuff then

Yep. Knew it was going to happen as soon as the episode title was shown at the start. Poor that they need to use material from almost 20 years ago.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:
1 minute ago, IainMorton said:
Yeah on the live at Cottier Theatre DVD. Way back before Still Game and CTF was popular and they were just starting out.

Bit sad they've had to use that stuff then

It was a nod to it being 20 years to the day when they started that

Good episode and quite impressive acting from Ford Kiernan towards the end. Shame about the slapstick and obligatory Mick appearance at the end (I knew he’d be shoehorned in - as someone else pointed out, it’s like there’s a contractual obligation that he leave every single episode on a sour note).

What’s worse is that the actor playing Mick now seems to be playing him as a serial killer.

Wow that was fucking terrible. Easily the worst episode ever. I kept wanting to laugh but found barely any coming. Really weak gags and an over reliance on slapstick. And the Mick bit post credits was fucking abysmally unfunny.

Singing Caravan of Love in Navid’s was the best part in a weak episode. The exploding Coke bottles was horrifically done.

I enjoyed it, much better than last week.

Centring the episode around Jack and Victor, and having the main secondary character the focal points was the difference.

“SOUTH AFRICA”

For a homeless guy Mick doesn't actually look it, drinking in a pub before and after they go to the caravan? I can't imagine any of the regulars would be buying him drinks.

Again, another episode that could have worked just as well (or badly) without him appearing.

So.....what countries has everyone shagged?

I was trying to work out if it referred to nationalities or places where you had actually 'done it'?

Wow that was fucking terrible. Easily the worst episode ever. I kept wanting to laugh but found barely any coming. Really weak gags and an over reliance on slapstick. And the Mick bit post credits was fucking abysmally unfunny.

Harsh, but I'm with you on the last part. Somebody on the production team must hate the P&B masses to shoehorn him in, perhaps a banhammer victim.