Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed.

Boaby is an old man with grey hair at the end. How could any of them still be alive?! 

I thought the point of it was that life just goes on, until it doesn't. All the characters disappear with time - not anything big or dramatic but just the process of getting older, So I guess you could revisit those characters at points after the finale and before they die. I don't necessarily think Jack and Victor died on the mountain, I kinda think they went off and did their thing - that last adventure and then passed away some time after that.

15 minutes ago, renton said:

I thought the point of it was that life just goes on, until it doesn't. All the characters disappear with time - not anything big or dramatic but just the process of getting older, So I guess you could revisit those characters at points after the finale and before they die. I don't necessarily think Jack and Victor died on the mountain, I kinda think they went off and did their thing - that last adventure and then passed away some time after that.

Spot on. There's certainly the possibility of future episodes being set in the interim between the mountain climb and their eventual deaths, but it's unlikely.

One thing that always bugged me is that they didnt do an episode with Victors boy. I know their trip to Canada was only really a hoilday for the cast and crew but it would have been nice to see them in Jo-burgh. 

If they do do a Hogmanay special I would enjoy them all meeting.

Obvious problem being they couldn't use any of the cast as they are supposed to be young kids and no amount of make-up is gonnae fool anyone.

I assume when they did the flash back episode stuck in the lift on Hogmanay the point was that was the furthest back they thought they could get away with using the existing cast.

Tams burd :wub:

23 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Jack and victor didnt meet for the first time at hogmany party, the episode with the "who's the da" storyline had them all as pals way younger

Fair point but I remember Navid turning up at the door and introducing himself. Don't think they knew Isa either - I haven't watched it for a while; waiting until I can clear my schedule and binge on the box set.

41 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Fair point but I remember Navid turning up at the door and introducing himself. Don't think they knew Isa either - I haven't watched it for a while; waiting until I can clear my schedule and binge on the box set.

They knew Isa but Navid was new to Craigland and couldn't even speak English at that point (prompting Winston, I think, to get Navid to call Tam a bawbag).

I’m sure the impression given is Winston, Jack & Victor all grew up together, Tam met Winston separately and Isa who grew up next to Victor hadn’t spoke to Jack since their youth.

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m sure the impression given is Winston, Jack & Victor all grew up together, Tam met Winston separately and Isa who grew up next to Victor hadn’t spoke to Jack since their youth.

They must have known pete the jakey as well as he was the daddy of the burd they all pumped

To those who disliked the Isa charity B-story, it could have been a lot worse. The charity guy could have been Methadone Mick...

I think they took the feedback on with Mick, he was used a lot better this season in my eyes.