Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Wonder why winnie didn't vanish like winston did, seemed weird as id guess she was around his age anyway

Also it must be a running gag with the writers that they purposely leave tams wean out, he didnt mention the kid when he spoke about maybe leaving frances if something happened to him

38 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

The early series were great but the charity storyline kinda summed up the recent series, I'm sad it's gone but its for the best as it just wasn't as funny as it used to be and the biggest plus for me is no more methadone mick! 

You know the c**t is going to ruin the stage show. 

17 hours ago, paranoid android said:

That that was quite a nice way to end it, even if they did peak years ago - liked the use of the Dylan song.

Isa's storyline seemed annoying and utterly pointless, unless any c**t spotted a poignant subtext. 

With the guys from the pub all grouped together they needed something for Navid and Isa. Isa being in distress of some sort and being saved from it by her friend group has been done before in much better fashion when Harry popped up to spend all her money undermined that though. 

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

With the guys from the pub all grouped together they needed something for Navid and Isa. Isa being in distress of some sort and being saved from it by her friend group has been done before in much better fashion when Harry popped up to spend all her money undermined that though. 

Isa's Harry story was decent, though - this charity addiction caper was pish - it just came over as so much filler material - an indication as to how far the writing has fallen, maybe.

Also, if Isa and Navid didn't have a story, I'm not convinced I would have been thinking 'where's Isa and Navid?' Navid's usually in the shop, and they could easily have had Isa in the Clansman scenes where she's often seen.

And, they managed to find a wee slot for Shug and Edith that was decent. 

I'm not having a go at you, btw - hope it doesn't seem like that. :lol:

End of an era. I remember being in P7 and my friend giving me a copy of a VHS which had the live show. Took it home and watched it with my Dad, didn't get half the jokes, but just laughed at all the swearing. 

As I went into first year of academy, the first series came out. So it saw me through my teenage and early adult life. Look fondly back at getting the bus to school and loads of us singing "The Ballad Of Mrs Begg" all bursting out laughing as soon as the word "cock" came out. 

Whilst the last couple of series were no match for the first, I still enjoyed most of them. Mick was an annoyance, but there was still some decent comedy throughout. 

I'd agree about Isa's side story for the final episode, but it was a good way to finish. 

Looking forward to the show in September.

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Isa's Harry story was decent, though - this charity addiction caper was pish - it just came over as so much filler material - an indication as to how far the writing has fallen, maybe.

Also, if Isa and Navid didn't have a story, I'm not convinced I would have been thinking 'where's Isa and Navid?' Navid's usually in the shop, and they could easily have had Isa in the Clansman scenes where she's often seen.

And, they managed to find a wee slot for Shug and Edith that was decent. 

I'm not having a go at you, btw - hope it doesn't seem like that. :lol:

No I realise you were criticising the episode. I was thinking about it more today when I realised that Isa and Navid were a good combination, since they were together as characters for so much through the whole series. It's just a shame the charity storyline was the best they could come up with for them. 

On 28/03/2019 at 22:35, 19QOS19 said:

Isa is a right wid in real life.

It feels wrong but it's true 

Anyway it was a pish episode especially as there were sparks of how good it used to be in the last couple before it, that said I really liked the ending and I'm glad they all went up the mountain.

Edited by pub car king

The state of that w**k fest "that's plenty" is appalling.

Des is giving everyone a blowjob before allowing them 5seconds to speak and moves on.

Watched less than 10mins and put it off.

Very surprised they never killed anyone off as a fairwell.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
The more I think about the ending, the more I think that it wasn’t just underwhelming but also lazy.

Its surely to leave the door open?

Ugh. I desperately hope not.