Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

I made the mistake of telling my English friend to watch the episode two weeks ago.

It was a mistake because then I started watching it through an English persons eyes hoping he would enjoy it but knowing he wouldn't when I was actually watching it.

Its great for what it is. It's a Scottish comedy for Scottish people. We laugh because we relate to it, just as with the Bristol example I'm sure people from Bristol would enjoy it if it was bristol based and relatable to them.

I'm also not liking this series, but anyone lauding Only Fools and Horses needs to take a look at themselves. "Best British Sitcom of all Time"?

It's all the things I dislike about these last few Still Game episodes; schmaltzy, predictable, one-dimensional, and reliant of slapstick. The very fact that the (interminably repeated on TV) scene of Del Boy falling through the bar has been used as an example of how good it is says it all. Why not go the whole hog and show us the chandelier falling too?

Oh, and talking of bad actors, pound for pound Nicolas Lyndhurst is comfortably the worst actor these isles have ever seen.

This series has been a bit of a letdown but still good overall, the methadone mike character is pish and Fergie in that last episode was utter shite .

I take the point of it being very much a comedy geared for Scots,the comparison with only fools is nonsense, I imagine most English people think it's shite to be honest,gets a bit of a following here but nothing major( Mrs CDH thinks it's great),surprised it got a national slot . maybe they thought it would do a Rab C and end up being a hit.