The pyramid works!

It'll all be worth it, when you are consigned to history.

Eta: Any achievement has been bought with money you didn't have, hence the administrations. You are quite unique in that you make Rangers look less bad.

I have to disagree Sgt Wilson.  The Govan mob also gained silver wear in the same manor and were found not guilty!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Meadowbank v Albion Rovers crowd was downgraded on a regular basis during the Hunter years and I believe it ended up at about 2400. The biggest Meadowbank Thistle crowd at the Stadium must surely have been the League Cup match against St Johnstone where the stand turnstiles couldn't cope and spectators were let into the uncovered seats for free. I read in the Perthshire Advertiser that Thistle had paid Saints a sum to compensate for admissions not received. I'd say there was at least 5000 at that match.

Are there turnstyles that can be used? I went to a game earlier in the season and it was just giving the guy on the door £5.

Normally a turnstile BM sure its Scrooge 1928 who mans it. Been at a couple of games when he has just been taking money at the side gate due to things being on in the concourse.

That Meadowbank v Albion Rovers crowd was downgraded on a regular basis during the Hunter years and I believe it ended up at about 2400. The biggest Meadowbank Thistle crowd at the Stadium must surely have been the League Cup match against St Johnstone where the stand turnstiles couldn't cope and spectators were let into the uncovered seats for free. I read in the Perthshire Advertiser that Thistle had paid Saints a sum to compensate for admissions not received. I'd say there was at least 5000 at that match.

What year was the St Johnstone game you mention?

Junior teams are pointless. They are content on winning shit trophies year after year and are probably all old firm fans. They are fine where they are.

Suppose it's only fair to point AMC13 to the following:

Dunipace v Glencairn for me, every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

I'm even missing the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday to go to see Kilwinning v Glencairn, and I had a season ticket at Ibrox for 25 years.

"My Team: Rutherglen Glencairn"

Really, from a Livingston supporter?

Apart from repeated financial chaos, a succession of criminals and cheap laughs, what have Livingston brought to football?

The Tony Macaroni arena.

Why is your stadium named after a fictional character created by Steve Coogan?

Edinburgh City were in existence long before Meadowbank were formed so hardly a rebirth.As a Clyde fan living in Edinburgh cannot wait for the games.Pity it will only be for 1 season as one of us will most certainly not be in Div 2 for the 17/18 season.

Edinburgh City were in existence long before Meadowbank were formed so hardly a rebirth.As a Clyde fan living in Edinburgh cannot wait for the games.Pity it will only be for 1 season as one of us will most certainly not be in Div 2 for the 17/18 season.

Clyde relegation party 16/17?

That's a cut n paste from the last five seasons. Clyde fans must cringe when they see this on here. Div 2 was poor last year( it'll be harder this year as Cowdenbeath and Forfar are bound to be half decent.

That's a cut n paste from the last five seasons. Clyde fans must cringe when they see this on here. Div 2 was poor last year( it'll be harder this year as Cowdenbeath and Forfar are bound to be half decent.

I wouldn't bet on that. I reckon improvement from the likes of Berwick and Arbroath is more of a threat.

Never thought I'd ever attend another Loons game at Meadowbank but im looking forward to it.God knows why though it was always an abysmal day out and the pub over the road "Golden Gates/Grapes"?? is long gone.

and I'm disappointed the boozer across from Station Park is now an Indian restaurant! 

Probably an abysmal day out for you  because Thistle regularly liked to beat Forfar- I remember a game when Louis Thow sent off about 3 Forfar players... 

The Golden Gates was doing ok until. a bit like Meadowbank Thistle, it was deliberately run down by dodgy management a few years back- last time I was in it I went with a couple of mates to see if a Scotland game was on the telly. Nobody was in the pub and the barman (wearing a Celtic top in Hibs territory) had Coronation Street on the telly. 

and I'm disappointed the boozer across from Station Park is now an Indian restaurant! 

Probably an abysmal day out for you  because Thistle regularly liked to beat Forfar- I remember a game when Louis Thow sent off about 3 Forfar players... 

The Golden Gates was doing ok until. a bit like Meadowbank Thistle, it was deliberately run down by dodgy management a few years back- last time I was in it I went with a couple of mates to see if a Scotland game was on the telly. Nobody was in the pub and the barman (wearing a Celtic top in Hibs territory) had Coronation Street on the telly. 

Take it you have not been to Forfar for a while? The pub across the road you mention died about twenty years ago!

Take it you have not been to Forfar for a while? The pub across the road you mention died about twenty years ago!

Been following City for twenty years and we never played Forfar so I never really had a reason to go there tbh- I guess I must have missed out on the extensive night life there!

A lot of us won't have been to places like Station Park and Gayfield since the Meadowbank days. Indeed City have only played at the following 3rd Div grounds in the last 20 years:

Links Park (Scottish Cup)

Central Park (Scottish Cup, Pre-season friendly)

Shielfield (East of Scotland City Cup Finals twice)

Broadwood (game v. Cumbernauld Colts in Lowland League)

Forthbank (Qualifying Cup Final, games v Stirling Uni in Lowland League)

Galabank (East of Scotland League, game v Edusport last season)

Been following City for twenty years and we never played Forfar so I never really had a reason to go there tbh- I guess I must have missed out on the extensive night life there!

A lot of us won't have been to places like Station Park and Gayfield since the Meadowbank days. Indeed City have only played at the following 3rd Div grounds in the last 20 years:

Links Park (Scottish Cup)

Central Park (Scottish Cup, Pre-season friendly)

Shielfield (East of Scotland City Cup Finals twice)

Broadwood (game v. Cumbernauld Colts in Lowland League)

Forthbank (Qualifying Cup Final, games v Stirling Uni in Lowland League)

Galabank (East of Scotland League, game v Edusport last season)

All the shiteholes then, other than Forth/Galabank. You'll enjoy your days out this year, Forfar/Us/Elgin are 3 cracking lower league grounds. ;)

All the shiteholes then, other than Forth/Galabank. You'll enjoy your days out this year, Forfar/Us/Elgin are 3 cracking lower league grounds. ;)

Be warned- last time I was at Gayfield the ref put the match off just because there was a wee breeze! (v Cowden in the Cup)

As said above, juniors have no interest in the pyramid. I disagree that it is because they want to remain in a bubble though and think it's more they just don't like it in the way it currently is (high land, lowland) and instead want a three tiered system (north,east,west) which would have been the way to go since the juniors already had a full system for that their ready to take. I also agree though that the juniors should lose the right to the Scottish cup entries.

The junior teams have no interest in the pyramid system because they don't want to abide by the same regulations as the league teams and fork out loads of cash to do so. They should not be allowed into the Scottish Cup.

They would just become small fish in a big pond with little chance of winning anything.

Only one of them showed the remotest bit of interest in joining the pyramid.

Archived