Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Another paper that I won't link to (but showed up on the Twitter feed search of 'Motherwell') reporting the Leitch move and Pearson to India thing accompanied by a hysterical headline about "Fir Park exodus". 3 players mate; one's gone, another hasn't played a first team game and the other though a relatively key player missed a fair chunk of last season through injury. Settle.

Another paper that I won't link to (but showed up on the Twitter feed search of 'Motherwell') reporting the Leitch move and Pearson to India thing accompanied by a hysterical headline about "Fir Park exodus". 3 players mate; one's gone, another hasn't played a first team game and the other though a relatively key player missed a fair chunk of last season through injury. Settle.

The sad thing is that our fans tend to buy into this scaremongering shite. Some of the hysterical ramblings on Twitter today are hilarious.

Not just twitter the same sort of reaction is Facebook, i find it all quite funny.  They forget McGhee saying just last week we actually don't need to sell anyone just now so thats good enough for me.   Obviously tho if we got money of a significant fee then we would look at it but apart from that its business as usual for us.

Edited by Del_Superwell

The sad thing is that our fans tend to buy into this scaremongering shite. Some of the hysterical ramblings on Twitter today are hilarious.

Aye, I saw some of the grief Alan Burrows was getting. I hope he makes good use of the mute function. People actually moaning that the club aren't coming out in the press telling fans who they might be signing. Genuine mentalists whose tiny minds would then implode if we didn't actually sign said players.

Edited by capt_oats

The way i look at is id rather we took our time and got the right signings rather than just rushing out there to sign anyone who turns out to be the waste of a jersey. Yes it times its frustrating not seeing much happening but id rather take time and get it right rather than rush out there and sign people for the sake of it.

How on earth has Robbie Leitch managed to land himself a three year deal at a Premiership club? Boy can't even make it into the first team squad and was benched for the youth cup final for a 16 year old. Mental.

Take it we get another six figure fee for Leitch as well then? He's been at the club for years after all. With the money we get for Leitch, Hall and Pearson we must be breaking the half million pound mark.

Absolutely rolling in it.

I can understand the interest in Erwin, going back to McGhee's comments back in January about us lacking a physical presence up front, for all McGhee has a habit of just saying whatever he fancies to the press that point does hold true.

Even if Mackin is viewed as a long term project for that role and does sign a new deal I doubt he'd be a realistic first team option next season. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he and Watt were loaned out to get them playing week in week out.

If there's an option there to get Erwin in with us paying a small % of his wage then who knows, it may be realistic. We get him in short term and Mackin goes out for a season and steps up after that.

Edited by capt_oats

I'd rather we got someone in permanently that we could try and sell on rather than taking Erwin on loan.

My thoughts exactly. Erwin, for all he played his part in the playoff humbling of 'Rangers' he often flattered to deceive during his time here. For that reason, plus the fact that I really want us to move away from this policy of signing ex players, then I think Lee Erwin should be avoided.

Hoping this Erwin rumour is just lazy journalism.

Although his post match pitch interview after the playoff second leg will mean he always holds a special place in my heart. "Battered them" was just beautiful.

In terms of picking up development fees for Hall (and possibly Leitch) surely it's a good thing for future youngsters to see us as a gateway to bigger moves. If we can pick up cash for players playing a handful of games for the first team (or in Leitch's case none at all) and at the same time bring through the odd Cadden at the same time, surely it's a win win situation?

Sorry if this all seems a tad too sensible but I'm new to this posting malarkey, I'm sure I'll get more cynical and depressed over time

Erwin would be a welcome and worthwhile addition to the squad / team

Don't see it happening, but can't believe some guff on here.

He should not have left us and everyone but him and his agent knew it. Don't blame him going to Leeds and the £400k was most welcome.

The fact is he is and probably would be better than anything else we could afford / entice.

For every Moult there is a Fletcher and Robinson so based on his last few months with us - bring him back.

I like Erwin, and I've always thought he'd be better playing the sort of role Marvin does now than as an out and out number 9.

Not sure it really makes sense as a singing though, for either party. He's too good to be used as an impact sub or rotation option but that's he'd be doing unless we lose 1(+) of our front 3. That said, I fully approve of any signing which winds up the ****.