Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Yeah for a friendly game it was played at a decent tempo throughout, Dumbarton are not a bad wee side as well.

Thought their goal was quite poor defending but well finished nonetheless, we created chances first half but with no clinical finishing, I thought we upped the tempo a bit more second half and in the end probably deserved the win,  was pleased to see Moore have a hand in both goals

Who was it played the through ball for Moore's goal? Lovely weighted pass. Moore's actually got a turn of pace that Moult and McDonald definitely lack and from what I've seen of him Blyth seems to be there more for his presence. I hope McGhee sees enough in Moore to give him a decent shot rather than the 5-10 minute cameos he was getting under McCall and Baraclough.

I believe the guy that played the through ball for Moore was one of the trialists, we had 2 for the under 20s that came on and I think it was one of them that played the ball through.  Great weighted pass right enough, Moore got the full 45 mins in place of Moult who will also feature tomorrow but he certainly put himself about and was even winning balls in the air against guys a fair bit bigger than him.

Strong team out against Hibs today:

Motherwell: Samson, Tait, Heneghan, McManus, Hammell, Lasley, McHugh, Cadden, McDonald, Johnson, Blyth

Baring any injuries that's how I'd expect us to line up next Saturday. 

Noticed Moult's not made the bench. Interested to see if the trialist (I'd guess it's Lee Lucas) gets some minutes and how he does against a team like Hibs.

He seemed to do alright yesterday by all accounts, the fact that this will become the 3rd game he's been around the team would suggest we're having a decent look at him.

I think McGhee had said Moult hadn't trained as much as the rest during the week, so not sure if he is battling a slight injury hence why he came off at half time yesterday. 

It is pretty much our strongest side without Moult today so will be good to see how we fare.

I think McGhee had said Moult hadn't trained as much as the rest during the week, so not sure if he is battling a slight injury hence why he came off at half time yesterday. 

It is pretty much our strongest side without Moult today so will be good to see how we fare.

Right. That makes much more sense. I had imagined that him going off at HT yesterday & McGhee mentioning he hadn't been training as much might have meant he'd have been looking to involve him today and get him more minutes. In hindsight that would have been pretty daft.

The clips I've seen so far he's looked quite off the pace tbf.

Sounds like we're taking an absolute shoeing of the Hibees.

Defensive shambles from what I've been told, apparently we're lucky that's it not 4 or 5 already and we haven't even played an hour.  

Edited by Casagolda

Ayrshire 

9 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Shit I didn't realise pre season friendlies where so important to our Hibs friends.

I think we might have a stronger team when we face them in the league this year........ Oh wait.....

Come on boy of well, its pre season bantz......most of us are bored.

Just having a wee laugh, dont take it too seriously