Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

New home top is nice, although if I was being picky I'd prefer claret shorts.

The 3rd top is a minter.  The club are fairly milking the fact we've won nothing for 25 years, eh?

1 hour ago, Desp said:

The 3rd top is a minter.  The club are fairly milking the fact we've won nothing for 25 years, eh?

Aye, like, it's a great thing to commemorate, but how long do we just keep having an anniversary cause we're shite in cups?

1 hour ago, Desp said:

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, like, it's a great thing to commemorate, but how long do we just keep having an anniversary cause we're shite in cups?

It's such a weird thing to put on a shirt. Had they done a 130th Anniversary top as a 3rd kit then yeah, I'd have seen the point in that and could have given a bit of license to do something different but commemorating the last time we won the cup is just odd, fine release a DVD, have events and the like but to build a kit around it? Whit? It's a shame since it'd be a really nice top without the watermarking.

In a wee update on the strip the club have indicated that they'll now be making it available with/without the sponsors logo depending on preference (a few folk had been pointing out that their kids might want the replica of what the players were wearing on the park.)

Fair play to the club and Motorpoint for sorting that out.

Only good thing about the third top is that it hopefully means our away top will be claret again.

Given the marketing material I reckon some variation of blue will be our away kit.

I like the home top, especially with the claret hoop but just what is it the club have against claret shorts? They are a must for a Motherwell home kit IMO and it takes the shine off any top when the shorts are Amber or even worse, white.

As for the away strip and the 1991 Cup winning team references? That is just embarrassing and indicative of our small time outlook as a club. Winning the cup in 91 was superb for the club and should never be forgotten but we can't dine out on it forever and to use one of our kits, 25 years later as a nod to the last time we actually achieved tangible success in the game is just pathetic and embarrassing. 

I like the home top, especially with the claret hoop but just what is it the club have against claret shorts? They are a must for a Motherwell home kit IMO and it takes the shine off any top when the shorts are Amber or even worse, white.

The only thing I can think is that they've opted to change it up as they've had claret shorts the past 2 seasons.