Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 hours ago, Ivors_thick_lip said:

That's completely understandable.

In the same way you don't even care about your own.

Like the loyal staff you dumped when you entered administration.

All conveniently forgotten.Scum.

Are you old enough to remember George Fulston?

Yeah they're all joining Motherwell in the safe knowledge that if the Club ever has the misfortune of finishing bottom of the league we'll all just do reconstruction and everything will be alright.

That's us the real establishment club. Hamilton can get to f**k, but Motherwell can never be allowed to be relegated.

You just need to learn to live with being inferior. Now run along to the chemist and get you methadone.

5 hours ago, Ivors_thick_lip said:

Yeah they're all joining Motherwell in the safe knowledge that if the Club ever has the misfortune of finishing bottom of the league we'll all just do reconstruction and everything will be alright.

Only Falkirk fans are allowed to say that.

On 6/8/2017 at 02:04, Ivors_thick_lip said:

Scottish football needs a strong Motherwell.

Well Robinson basically stated that Griffiths would probably be one and that we'd 'agreed' a deal for an attacking midfielder, so that's two of them. Surely one of them has got to be a left back, then maybe a centre back and another striker?

As above though, it appears he wants to shift some folk on to try and free up some wages but going by his YouTube interview the other day it's sounds like that's proving more difficult than he'd hoped.

If rumour on Steelmen (I know) is anything to go by we're signing a midfielder as well as the attacking mid.

I'd have said goalkeeper (Griffiths), left back, centre back, centre mid & attacking mid.

Going by his interview Robinson said he was after a pacey striker but that was dependent on moving others on. You'd imagine that the 2nd centre half he mentioned would be based on the squad being trimmed a bit as well, even if it's just loans out to free up some wages.

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Well Robinson basically stated that Griffiths would probably be one and that we'd 'agreed' a deal for an attacking midfielder, so that's two of them. Surely one of them has got to be a left back, then maybe a centre back and another striker?

As above though, it appears he wants to shift some folk on to try and free up some wages but going by his YouTube interview the other day it's sounds like that's proving more difficult than he'd hoped.

I would imagine that a lot of the work to get contracted players out the door would happen later in the window once clubs have missed out on their preferred targets and start to look elsewhere. We have been extremely quick out the traps this year, but a lot of clubs have done very little business so far. If we get our core signings in place early (and with five  more on the way, it looks like we'll do that) and then make some further moves near the end of the window in august, I think we could all live with that.

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

I would imagine that a lot of the work to get contracted players out the door would happen later in the window once clubs have missed out on their preferred targets and start to look elsewhere. We have been extremely quick out the traps this year, but a lot of clubs have done very little business so far. If we get our core signings in place early (and with five  more on the way, it looks like we'll do that) and then make some further moves near the end of the window in august, I think we could all live with that.

Agree with that, also by my count we moved 10 players out (not including 3 u20s) and so far we've brought in 4. Another 5 takes us up to 9 in with a couple around the squad you'd think we'd be keen to move on so I don't think we're anywhere into Baraclough trolley-dash territory just yet. What does seem clear is that we've had targets identified and ready to go well in advance. Which is a refreshing change.

From what he was saying Robinson indicated that he planned to set some budget aside on the off chance there were loan options that might come up later in the window. Which also seems sensible.

Edit: apparently Craigan's confirmed we've signed Liam Brown from Queens Park for the u20s. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/06/09/craigan-prepares-under-20s-squad/

Edited by capt_oats